TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been meaning to put this post up for about a week, got my winch last tues, and had the bumper built as it is now (unpainted) since thurs, sorry about the pics, they are tiny and suck cause i took them the night i finised but anyway built the bumper with a HF tubing bender, of cousre it kinked the big bends but its strong and olny cost me 50 bucks start to finish so im happy with it for now, i used the bolt in the end of the frame, the 3/8 bolt that gose straight from the top of the frame to the botom and one of the factory tow hook bolts, and the 2 side suports to hold the bumper on, i would have used both of the tow hook mounts but the guy who had it before me cross threaded on of the bolt mounting a grill guard, do you guys think i should use the second hole or is 1 going to be strong enough, tell me what you think thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried loading them on photo bucket but it takes forever, am i doing something wrong? how do you get the big pics that are part of the post?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
no if ur pics are high quality pics.. the pics from my sony take like a minute each ..

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
ok so im just impatint had to walk away while they uploaded but i got them on photobucket, if full size this time so hear they are http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x157/b_dubler/
Good job getting the photo thing worked out...

That looks similar to the design of the All-Pro winch bumper... well at least the winch platform area...

I've seen some other work with that H F bender and they somehow managed less of that bend kinking... But hell I don't know... I haven't messed with it...

Overall... you get points... for doing yer own thing...

If ever you don't like it... :saw: :welder:
and make another ;)

oh and photobucket is a little slow... Because it resizes the pics... and well... it's free... what else could you expect ?LOL

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I could only suggest that you measure and cut plates for the side of the frame, bolt it in and weld it to the base mounts. The bumper looks pretty good. Did you fill the tubes with damp sand before bending? I've heard this helps alot when using a pipe bender vs. tube bender. That still looks good though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice work... I plan on doing the same thing soon and if mine looks at least that good I'll be happy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
what kind of tubing did you use. i am about to get a winch and im going to have to fab a bumper to mount it. i might just fab a winch mount and see if i can get the fairlead to come out of the bumper i have now.

·
Registered
296 Posts
damp sand, eh? i'll hafta remember that one. i also heard penetrating oil's good to prevent the "rippling" effect when you bend the tube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts