TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we so far have 24 inches on the ground. said to get about another 2 feet by Saturday. the funny thing is, my yota is the only thing here (besides the road grader) that can bust the fresh snow.
how much does everyone else have (at least up north) or how much rain are you getting?

·
Registered
41 Posts
About 1.3 inches of rain in my rain guage in my back yard from yesterday's storm. Haven't talked to my parents in Flagstaff yet to see how much snow they got.

·
Registered
357 Posts
well we so far have 24 inches on the ground. said to get about another 2 feet by Saturday. the funny thing is, my yota is the only thing here (besides the road grader) that can bust the fresh snow.
how much does everyone else have (at least up north) or how much rain are you getting?
Do you work at the CC hatchery...drive the first gen white pickup?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hmmmm..... rough estimates... We still had snow that hadn't melted from long ago, about 18" in the shaded areas, then another 8" from Monday night's storm, and probably another 6" last night. With the wind wipping it around it's hard to really tell. I've got piles anywhere from 1.5' to 4.5+'. And the big stuff supposedly yet to come. :boobies:

Flagstaff

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha, yea that one is mine. i work and live down here. if any of you are up here and see my truck come over and knock on my door if you want or find one of the other guys and they can tell you where i am.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
208 Posts
Alright here you go. Its coming down pretty hard right now. Much more than earlier when I was out running at 5am.:kewl:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Out for early morning 10 mile foot run. Going to do some XC skiing here after lunch. The snow is now deep enough for me to safely jump off of my roof.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
10 mile foot run through 4ft of snow - how does one accomplish that?

Out for early morning 10 mile foot run. Going to do some XC skiing here after lunch. The snow is now deep enough for me to safely jump off of my roof.

·
Registered
208 Posts
10 mile foot run through 4ft of snow - how does one accomplish that?
Well the main roads are not covered in deep snow maybe about 3 inches early this morning. I ran pretty much on the road since the sidewalks are a no go. Snowplows just blast all the sidewalks with snow when their plowing the road.
Luckily I have all kinds of reflective material that I used when I was in the military plus traffic is practically non-existent during the wee hours.
Updated pics.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
is it a wet snow or dry and powdery? snow run this weekend is only reason im asking

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If it's even open. They closed today at noon and already posted that they're closed tomorrow.
I believe their power is/was out this afternoon as well. My crews hope to hell that we don't have to go take a tree off that line this winter, we spent some time up there removing all the dead ones earlier this fall.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts