TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, my 3rd gen runner started to overheat. I pulled over and shut it down immediately. I popped the hood and started looking around. I let it cool and reluctantly pulled the radiator cap and saw that there was no coolant in the radiator. I pulled the trans dipstick and there it stood, the dreaded pinkish brownish muck they call the milkshake. Luckily for me orange crusher and felix went out of their way to help me out and towed the runner home. Ashley (fellix) is a beast behind the wheel when shes towing a rig ha ha. Many many thanks to her for taking time out to drive to crushers work (twice) and come get us with the trailer.

I drained the trans, and it was nothing short of a mochachino coming out of the pan. Started to drop the trans pan to hopefully get lucky with just a system flush, but got stuck on the sway bar that doesn't want to loosen up for me. I intended to replace the radiator and do a new trans cooler years ago, but "never got around to it" now im in for some serious repairs if flushing it doesn't work.

poop

·
Registered
556 Posts
Awe thanks guys! Well we hope for the best.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to give it another go tomorrow after work and see if I can get some progress with removing or loosening the sway bar to fully remove the trans pan. its such a mess in the pan, and under the truck that im not expecting much of a miracle. the crappy part is either way, I need to buy a new radiator and trans cooler in order to try and flush the engine and trans. no matter how I slice it, im gonna be in it for a few hundred bucks just to figure out where it stands. time will tell I guess. man I miss my old houses garage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
drpdmazda
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing