TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went wheeling with a friend who has a GMC with a 6" lift and 35" tires. Well he ended up getting stuck in a creek because he didn't listen to me about how deep it really was. I got to pull him out, the toyota didn't even have a problem with it, 4x4 lo and the e-locker where on.

The girl that was taking pictures rod with him. She "didn't" know to get a pic with both trucks hooked up, I am the guy that is cut off on the left in the last pic.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i love that tacomas pulling out fullsizes! i did that once and it makes those guys have more appreciation for our rigs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
True it is interesting. Once there was a Tahoe stuck to the doorlines and my buddy pulled him out with just a little bit of throttle. They were telling me the whole time that the taco wouldn't move them. Also, later that day, he pulled a chevy z71 and an f150 out of a muddy field while he was in the same stuff they were stuck in. BTW my honda foreman once pulled out an H2 :)
-Matt
Toyota/Honda 4 life

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had two opportunities to pull a Chevy and a Dodge 1500 out of mud and snow, respectively...but unfortunately I didn't have a towstrap at the time. Ah well, was still able to drive them to town or make a phone call for them in both cases. Next time, I'll be ready with a proper towing cable.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i have pulled out a chevy suburban and a for f 250 out of a lake before, in just a toyota..

·
Registered
23 Posts
true story. I pulled out my friends 4x4 f150 that was framed out in ruts, all wheels spinin free with my little prerunner. later that same night though he intentionally stopped on the trail so that i would get stuck and he would have to pull me out. what a douche!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He was able to move forward but the front drivers side tire kept digging him deeper in the silt. He thought he was going to roll it if he kept going. When he tried to back out the same thing started happening to the rear drivers side tire. I also just gave it a little throttle to pull him out, like someone esle said they did. Also pretty cool b/c while he didn't give me a hard time about having a little truck you could def. tell he was thinking it when we first hit the trail. After I pulled him out he also lost the "look" that he had been giving my truck all day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Perhaps this is discussed in a different thread somewhere, but I didn't see anything. I was wondering if, in your alls various experiances, what brands/types of towstraps are better? Such as, durability, what pound ratings are the best to have, etc. I just wanted to make sure I had a good one on hand should I ever need it, currently I just have a Wal-mart deal...forget the brand.

·
Registered
88 Posts
thats where the hosetugger (john) about rolled/sunk his truck a few years ago that is in GW right

if so theres a HELL of a hole off to the drivers side of that truck

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
About a month ago we had an ice storm and the roads were slick as snot I had the opportunity to pull a van and police cruiser out of the ditch.

Apparently some guy in a work van slid off into some grumpy dudes' yard and bumped the grumpy dudes rocks lining the yard. The grumpy guy called the police, the policeman was in front of me, he too slid off into the same spot where the work truck was, except the cop got on it and did a little more than bump some rocks. The cruiser had a limited slip and the policeman started farming the guys yard yard with pretty good ruts as well as bumping the rocks. The cop slid the rear end of his cruiser around till the front end was in the street but the back wheels were in a very small ditch at the edge of the yard. Traffic was getting backed up from all the comotion and rubber necking, so I offered to pull them both out of the ditch so we could all get moving again. I was thanked but didn't get a "get out of jail card" or a " speeding ticket nullification certificate". The grumpy dude was really sour looking when the cop started peeling out in the grass! It was kind of humerous, watching the grumpy dude go from a frown and crossed arms to pooching his lower lip out and tapping his foot.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah i went to a local mud bog(actually racing but thats what they call it) last night and at the end of the night anyone can go through it. Well its not really muddy and some two wheels made it through and i believe all thew 4wd drive made it through but for the ones who did get stuck came the trusty Toyota Pickup on 35's to pull em out. Its funny cause out of all of the big trucks there....he was pulling people out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i pulled out a full size chevy last night. A lot of people were doubting me but i came through on the 3rd tug. He had about 8 inches of lift and 35 Toyo m/ts. Here are some pics of my truck afterwards ill get some of his too and post them later.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Big_Red said:
i pulled out a full size chevy last night. A lot of people were doubting me but i came through on the 3rd tug. He had about 8 inches of lift and 35 Toyo m/ts. Here are some pics of my truck afterwards ill get some of his too and post them later.

Holy hell your truck is awesome! Believe it or not, I pulled a chevy z71 up a rocky hill from up top, he had i belive 6 suspension, 3 body and bald 35" muds, bored .030 over V8. Had to give it alot of gas and some tugs but got him up it. No pics, so its pretty unbelieveable, but the guys who were there that night know the story.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Sturmvogel said:
Perhaps this is discussed in a different thread somewhere, but I didn't see anything. I was wondering if, in your alls various experiances, what brands/types of towstraps are better? Such as, durability, what pound ratings are the best to have, etc. I just wanted to make sure I had a good one on hand should I ever need it, currently I just have a Wal-mart deal...forget the brand.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7087

1 - 15 of 15 Posts