TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 88 pickup with 3" body lift unknown suspension lift (like to find out)
i want to find out where i can get a suspension lift bigger than 4 " i want to go bigger than 35" tires to( trying fo 37" or 38" with no scrub)
can it be done?

·
Registered
558 Posts
best way would be to ditch the body lift and sas it. 88's are pretty easy to swap. All Pro has a kit I think along with others.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yes, sas is the best but if you want to keep the IFS there a number of kits for that generation...I know someone around here who just happens to have a dana 44 that would be perfect for you!!! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got a 3" body, a 4" Superlift, and 1.5" BJ Spacers and I could easily clear 37's on my truck...

I just got it done a few days ago and am running 36" iroks and have room to spare. I actually let the tbars out almost an inch and still clear the 36's...

The standard "SAS" response is a cop out.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
ovrrdrive said:
The standard "SAS" response is a cop out.
]
I'd like to see your truck do the things that a SAS'd truck can. I'll say SAS it if you really WHEEL it, if not and all you care about is looks then keep the IFS.

Also with all that lift and the stock control arms you're just asking to break CV's. Running anything bigger then a 35" tire just makes things worst for a IFS truck. Then again I'm you're looking for some to cruz the Mall and Beach in. so go for it.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
ovrrdrive said:
The standard "SAS" response is a cop out
A cop out huh??? As apposed to what? Avoiding TRUE fabrication and just BOLTING on a kit to clear 37"+ tires just to snap axles pulling out of the driveway?!? Right...I must say though your mall crawler does look good. I'd DD it! :D

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
xx1joe1xx said:
cop out ?? explain that to me??? i bet my sas 87 will climb over ur ifs
But IFS rides alot nicer around the Mall Parking lot, it flexs so much on the speed bumps. :blingb:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Where in central florida are you located? You should come out with us sometime and see if those cv's will hold up to those Iroks.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
ben76 said:
Where in central florida are you located? You should come out with us sometime and see if those cv's will hold up to those Iroks.
X2 :D

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I've seen 3 newbies today that didn't care give us intro. What is this place coming too?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow you guys are so sensitive...

My truck is a DD that sees dirt about 5 times a year. I have no issues with openly saying it's a mall crawler.

My point is that on so many forums rather than give thought provoking advice and actually try to answer the questions that people ask all too many times people just throw out the SAS trump card.

And I also think the magical size tire that you can run on an IFS without exploding on a speedbump being a 35 is bunk too. As long as you have some common sense and don't wheel with the skinny pedal you have just as much chance of getting through it with 36's as you would with 33's.

Sorry I came off like an asshole, that wasn't my intent here... There are just so many threads where some guy says "I need another 1 inch of lift" or "want to clear 33's" or CV broke" and all anyone has to say is SAS.

Look at the bright side, when I cruise the mall I can look down womens shirts now. ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oh and my CV's are fine. They actually have a better angle now then they did before I put on the lift. I let out the tbars almost an inch when I did this lift.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Cool. I just want to see it wheel! :D

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Next time you want to get it dirty you should come out with us. We usually go out to richloam or citrus to play. It's nothing to bad, mostly trails with mud and a few places to play at.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
so where in central florida are you?

·
Registered
82 Posts
"Central Florida" is code for Ocala... :rofl:

I probably have enough wheeling opportunities within 30 minutes of the house to keep me busy for the next 10 years.

Back when the truck was new I used to go out 3 or 4 times a week. Back then I lived near Brooksville and we used to go out in Croom almost every night after work. I got stuck out there more times than I care to admit.

Now that the truck is older, and I'm older, I hardly ever have time for it anymore. I'm surprised as hell I was able to find time to build it up. It only took me 2 weekends and a few days in between to do both diffs, the lift and new CV's. I'm planning on taking ti easy on the truck until I'm sure it won't fall apart. I've never messed with suspension before.

Oh and sorry if I missed an introduction thread, I've been lurking here since about November even though I regged in Feb. I guess I just didn't fell new anymore.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts