TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past couple of weeks I've been driving like a granny to see if I could get some better milage. Winter gas isn't applicable in this case since it's been at the pumps here for a couple of months now. My milage is horrible in blue hair mode, I was getting better milage when I was shifting between 4k to 4.5k.

Now to the point of the story, are our engines happier at higher rpm? And also, I intend to drive faster than I ever have before from this point forth...

Our redline is pretty standard compared to similar vehicles (5.5k); but are our engines balanced up to a higher rpm than others with the same redline?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I usually shift at 2,900 to 3k rpm but anything after 3k and you will guzzle the gas so anywhere from 1,500 to 2,500 rpms for driving around town your gas should improve.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
96Toy said:
I usually shift at 2,900 to 3k rpm but anything after 3k and you will guzzle the gas so anywhere from 1,500 to 2,500 rpms for driving around town your gas should improve.
That's the thing, my milage is worse in that range.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know what RPMs the engine is the most efficient at but I once took a trip and had to lead a woman that wouldn't go over 60 MPH on hwy. 99 down the Central Valley of CA. With stock tires, no shell, on a '99 V6 I got 28 MPG. I was shocked.

Todd

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
with the S/C and a magnaflow muffler i got 340 miles before the gas light came on when i was driving the speed limit. after the lift and 32's i'm lucky to get 280 before the light comes on no matter how i drive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts