TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new here from Houston (moving to San Antonio for new job). I have a 2007 PreRunner AccessCab 2.7L w/ 5 speed tranny that I bought on New Years Day.

So far, I have installed a JVC "G-820" deck w/ iPod interface (soon to be replaced with a Pioneer deck).

Here are the mods I am doing (starting tomorrow) in no certain order...

1) 30% Tint all the way around w/ 10" strip on the windshield.
2) DRL add on w/ switch to disable on dash
3) OEM Fog Lights to add on with non-standard switch.
4) Detroit TruTrac LSD rear-end (when I win the lottery... :( )
5) Running boards (so that my wife stops whining about have to hike to her seat)
6) BAKFlip Tonneau cover
7) Pop-Lock Tailgate lock
8) Some kind of powered sub add-on that isn't noticible (don't need a lot)
9) URD Short Shift Kit.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Welcome to the club! Check out the Texas board, there are tons of cool guys I met at the TX Takeover last year. Speedemon55 and mudwieser are in San Antonio and are some cool dudes.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Howdy and Welcome. With all the mods, when are you going to have time to wheel? Ditch the running boards and get sliders.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
:confused: What are sliders?
Ummm....since you are new..sliders are the heavy duty side steps, but really are used to prevent damage from passing trees, rocks and anyother things...
Like this....it happened BEFORE I purchased my sliders.

If you are looking to know how sliders are used, just go check out the million of photos that are posted on this website or any sponser's site.
I bought and installed CBI's sliders and love them.
You can see the install on my website...CBI SLider install HERE.

Also check out the TEXAS BOARD HERE!!!!
We hold events every month. YOu can always come out with us to check out the equipment that we use and ask any type of questions.
But if you can not make it, be sure to use the SEARCH button and Newbie Tech Thread to find almost ALL your answers to your questions.

Hope to see you around.
Welcome again!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn - Those look awesome! Yeah, I can see that being an offroad requirement. I don't really do any offroading otherwise I would have gotten a V6 DoubleCab 4x4...

No, I got a PreRunner just to clear those flood waters we get on the feeder roads in Texas, and make it through the minor junk. The step bars are for the wifey...

The rest is for me. :D

·
9,051 Posts
Okay, but you could add grip tape to make it easier for the wifey to climb into the truck. I plan to, once I get off my lazy butt to clean the surface and apply the tape I have purchased. :)

As for your Pre-runner, you could get a solid axle conversion for it and tell the wifey that it's to clear all those low creek crossings. ;)

Well, take care and hope you make it to our events, you could always hitch a ride with one of us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
TEJASYOTA:Just out of curiosity... How expensive is a solid axle conversion?

My dream: Buy a 95' solid axle standard cab Tacoma w/ manual tranny and put a 2-LTE Turbo Diesel in it. Use that as my "go-anywhere-do-anything" truck.

My PreRunner is too purdy of a truck to do any real off-roading, I need a Toyota and a TOYota... :D

·
9,051 Posts
TEJASYOTA:Just out of curiosity... How expensive is a solid axle conversion?

My dream: Buy a 95' solid axle standard cab Tacoma w/ manual tranny and put a 2-LTE Turbo Diesel in it. Use that as my "go-anywhere-do-anything" truck.

My PreRunner is too purdy of a truck to do any real off-roading, I need a Toyota and a TOYota... :D
I have never priced the cost to do a conversion, but I know you can find out with the SEARCH button. I know that the suspension system I am saving for will be near $3K. So I bet the cost for a Soild will be more than that.
If your dream is for a 95 rig, save for it, or maybe even a buggy rock crawler. I heard of some guys doing that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, There is a guy in Converse, TX that does Tacoma conversions to Toyota diesel engines. I am hoping to save enough money for him to help me out.

dreams... ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have never priced the cost to do a conversion, but I know you can find out with the SEARCH button. I know that the suspension system I am saving for will be near $3K. So I bet the cost for a Soild will be more than that.
If your dream is for a 95 rig, save for it, or maybe even a buggy rock crawler. I heard of some guys doing that.
Hey! I just realized that you are in San Antonio!

I am a little slow after last night...:xbeer2:

Do you know of (or recommend) anyone in the San Antonio area that will install a Detroit TruTrac into my 007 for a decent price (and, of course, do a good job)???

:newbie:

I much appreciate the info! :D

·
9,051 Posts
Hey! I just realized that you are in San Antonio!

I am a little slow after last night...:xbeer2:

Do you know of (or recommend) anyone in the San Antonio area that will install a Detroit TruTrac into my 007 for a decent price (and, of course, do a good job)???....
Yep, SA is my home town! As to your question, ummm nope, you might want to post it on the Texas Central Region thread. I bet either Adam or Kevin might be able to answer that question.

Are you going to the Central TTORA meet at Hooter's this April 13?
TTORA Central Texas meeting thread here!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I won't be able to make that one - I will be driving back to Houston to pick up my Lab from training camp, and see my wife for the first time in 3 weeks (she has been in Farmington, NM visiting her mother). Besides, I can either see lots of hooters that I can't touch or... well, you get the idea. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts