TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was working with great stuff expanding foam insulation about 3 hours ago and got it pretty much all over my hands. I've tried everything, GoJo, WD-40, denatured alcohol, paint thinner, corn oil, and of course, soap and some elbow grease. I'm at a loss as to how to get it off. It's all over me. I'm probably done trying for the night becuase my hands feel like they are on fire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dumb ass who didn't wear gloves

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sloth said:
So I was working with great stuff expanding foam insulation about 3 hours ago and got it pretty much all over my hands. I've tried everything, GoJo, WD-40, denatured alcohol, paint thinner, corn oil, and of course, soap and some elbow grease. I'm at a loss as to how to get it off. It's all over me. I'm probably done trying for the night becuase my hands feel like they are on fire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, did that ONCE and learned to wear gloves the second time...
Once it dries, just start peeling away...

--edit-- AND it won't come out of clothing... But it's a good way to "fix" your female animals...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Acetone only works on uncured foam.

US Composites offers polyurethane foam, and the following is from their FAQ
(http://www.shopmaninc.com/faq_foam.html#15)

15. Can I dissolve this foam once it has fully cured?

No. This foam is designed to be completely solvent resistant once cured. Gasoline and acetone will not cause any destruction of this foam. Please prepare ahead of time by covering any objects/areas that you do not want to come in contact with this highly adhesive product. If you do happen to spill some foam and it cures you will have to either sand or scrape the product away.

From great stuff's website:
"cured foam must be mechanically removed or allowed to wear off in time. "

·
Registered
82 Posts
HillBilly_Young01 said:
:flipoff3:
Yea OK I deserve that. I got to say thanks though, that is some funny stuff. Had my wife in tears, can't wait to show the rest of the family at the BBQ today. Next time I do something stupid, I'm sure I'll remember you and your tat and feel better. I hope you don't mind but I linked that thread to an e-mail to all my friends. I am also thinking that pic would make for a great "priceless" ad. The possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sloth said:

-Dumb ass who didn't wear gloves

Gasoline will take it off. The higher octane stuff is usually less stinky.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
rkwfxd said:
Yea OK I deserve that. I got to say thanks though, that is some funny stuff. Had my wife in tears, can't wait to show the rest of the family at the BBQ today. Next time I do something stupid, I'm sure I'll remember you and your tat and feel better. I hope you don't mind but I linked that thread to an e-mail to all my friends. I am also thinking that pic would make for a great "priceless" ad. The possibilities are endless.
yeah, ok. i dont fuckin care any more. i like my tat and that is what matters.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Quit yer whining and read this if you think you got problems. LOL

This is one of the funniest things I've read in my life and this is the perfect opportunity to bring it back to life for some of you newbies.

BTW The foam is urethane so will pretty much just have to wear off in a few days as your skin flakes and secretes oil to release it from your skin. Gorilla glue is the same kinda shit so be sure to use gloves if you ever work with that stuff too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's pretty much just on my knucles and fingernails now. Thanks for the luaghs!

-Still the dumb ass who didn't wear gloves

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sloth said:
It's pretty much just on my knucles and fingernails now. Thanks for the luaghs!

-Still the dumb ass who didn't wear gloves

Hey Sloth, I remember a few years ago a guy put up a post, he was using the doityourself Rhino lining stuff, had to take a leak, got bed liner all over his pecker and it dried. Pretty funny stuff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts