TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, just checking in since its been a long time. Hope everything is going fine. I'll post up some pics when I remember. Sadly my truck is back at home collecting dust, but I'm ready for when I return to finally put my money into the truck.

So what's good with ya'll?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Everything is good here. How are things with you, what with the Tsunami's and junk? I know the center of tragedy isn't Okinawa, but still..... I hear there is a lot of havoc over there.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a lot of chaos in mainland, however the Japanese are being pretty reluctant to accept a useful amount of help. I have some buddies over there now who say they might work two or three times a week with assistance efforts, and only are using about 40% of the gear they brought over to help with. Luckily though the Japanese are making use of a lot of our generators and water purification supplies to take care of the people. As for the radiation I don't know much in they way that it is affecting people or the levels.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
okay, now for the slightly tackier question, you got any good places to pickup parts on the semi-cheap over there? I am interested in an altimeter for the 4runner. I know they can be had for decent prices here, but I have seen them for the cheap out of junkyards and whatnot over there.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is definately out of date for a reply, but I will look around. I must say there are some beautiful looking Toyotas out here. My favorite I have seen is either the four-door 4wd turbo diesel Hilux with a manual tranny, or the old 1960s landcrusier flatbed I've seen. I do not have any pictures sadly. Finding a 1st gen Surf is gonna be slightly difficult, but luckily the Corps has taught me all about tactically acquiring gear, and if that doesn't work than learning to shit one. One question. Who is still around that does work/fabrication? Mossyrocks still around? When I return I'm looking to drop some dough on my sliders, skidplate, and a replacement front bumper. That ARB has gotta go.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
If Brad (mossyrocks) is done with his house, he will hook you up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts