TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. TTORA is awesome. Thanks for having me aboard. I currently have a stock 03 tacoma dc 4x4 TRD I purchased from my father-in-law (he bought a new one). I've always wanted a taco, now I finally got one, and it can haul the kids, to boot! I love spending time with my boys (3 of 'em, 5 mos, 2 years, 4 years old) and wife, cycling (road and mountain), and off roading. I'm in process of adding a lift to the taco, but I'm awaiting the cash for tires and wheels first. Any New Mexico members out there, send a hello! cheers. Superlight.

·
Registered
401 Posts
you dont HAVE to get new wheels...how high do you want to go, and how serious is the wheeling you do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you dont HAVE to get new wheels...how high do you want to go, and how serious is the wheeling you do?
Well, I was just searching the forums gathering info, but to answer your question, here goes: I just bought a daystar 2.5 lift with AAL for the rear from Wheelers. I got the coil spacers for now and may switch to OME coilovers in the future, but I'm still testing the ride first with the spacer. Its not bad so far, especially for the price. I was thinking about the 16 B type steel wheels at Wheelers w/ 285 75 16s, but also may just stick with the original alum wheels w/ 265 75 tires. I'm getting new tires either way by July, its just a matter of which combo works best. I currently only hit "moderate" trails and dont really do any difficult rock crawling. Its more a vehicle to get me to off-the-path campsites, and to and from work as well. I figure I'll need sliders, and skid plates before I push it further. I'm still paying the loan.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hello everyone. TTORA is awesome. Thanks for having me aboard. I currently have a stock 03 tacoma dc 4x4 TRD I purchased from my father-in-law (he bought a new one). I've always wanted a taco, now I finally got one, and it can haul the kids, to boot! I love spending time with my boys (3 of 'em, 5 mos, 2 years, 4 years old) and wife, cycling (road and mountain), and off roading. I'm in process of adding a lift to the taco, but I'm awaiting the cash for tires and wheels first. Any New Mexico members out there, send a hello! cheers. Superlight.

Welcome to the club! :) Where about's in NM are you from? Check out the local board for up coming wrenchfest and runs. www.nmttora.com

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello and welcome :) :D

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
how many miles and how much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
AWRIGHT!!! Family off roading! Would you believe I took my wife off roading for Mother's Day last year? LOL Yep, then the kids met us for dinner afterwards. It was a great day...I mean, how many gals can say their man took them into the beautiful Rocky Mountains and then treated them to dinner? Hmmmm?? Pretty special!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We still leave the little baby at home w/ the grandparents, but the 2 and 4 year old totally dig it. The dub cab works out great.

Also, I think it had 28k miles and we paid 19k. My father-in-law babied it. It was like getting a brand new rig.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Welcome to the board! You are right, the d-cab works out great for kids and stuff. I took my daughter with me to calico last weekend and she had a blast! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts