TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just registered, known about TTORA for a long time and think I might have registered in an olllllllllld, olllllllllllld incarnation of the board. I drive a T100, not a Tacoma, so I hope that doesn't create a problem. ;) It's a '96 with a Dana44, ARBs, 36s, snorkel, winch, all that fun stuff.

Thanks for having another resource to come to with questions.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
No problems with the T100 at all, All Toys are welcome,

glad to have you "a-board"

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just registered, known about TTORA for a long time and think I might have registered in an olllllllllld, olllllllllllld incarnation of the board. I drive a T100, not a Tacoma, so I hope that doesn't create a problem. ;) It's a '96 with a Dana44, ARBs, 36s, snorkel, winch, all that fun stuff.

Thanks for having another resource to come to with questions.
damn sounds like a beast! post up some pics. all toyotas are welcome here, it is no longer tacoma territory, we are now toyota territory offroaders association.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New from a couple of days ago. Wanted to know about axel vents. Someone told me that I would need to raise them if I were going mud boggin. Any help?
96 ext SR5 Taco Fabtech 3", Flomastas 260,000 miles and strong like bull!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
New from a couple of days ago. Wanted to know about axel vents. Someone told me that I would need to raise them if I were going mud boggin. Any help?
You are talking about Diff breathers, look in the faq/tech link above, I believe all the information you need is there. If not hit me up again and I can explain them at length.

basically what you do is move the breather from the axle higher on the vehicle such as inside the fuel filler door to keep from sucking in water into the axle through them. Pretty easy and cheap mod. Big insurance if you play in the "wet stuff"

·
Registered
532 Posts
:xofftopic thread hijacking is not allowed here! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is no longer tacoma territory, we are now toyota territory offroaders association.
ah - haaaa - I missed that change. The guy I met up here years ago always told me even when it was tacoma territory that any toyota would do. And I see your forums are a lot less tacoma specific these days.

Pics for ya. Little old by now. I missed most of last wheeling season to travel and other BS.

My axle vents are just NPT fittings (I forget what size - 1/4 probably), rubber fuel line and VW fuel filters :p :D

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts