TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading up on this mod I see the benefits.
Having both rears locked all the time, weather your in 2hi, 4hi or 4lo.
Are they some negative aspects of this mod?

·
Registered
456 Posts
You're not locked all the time, only when you activate the locker. The mod gives you the option of locking when you're in 2 wheel drive and 4-Hi as oposed to only being able to lock when in 4-Lo and keeping under 5 miles an hour.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
sizzler said:
Reading up on this mod I see the benefits.
Having both rears locked all the time, weather your in 2hi, 4hi or 4lo.
Are they some negative aspects of this mod?

Da'burd is correct. And their are no negative affects to this mod, other than not doing it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can engage the locker while you're moving.

One possible side effect is this:

If you experience this rare, but serious, side effect, consult your insurance immediately.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
da'Burd said:
You're not locked all the time, only when you activate the locker. The mod gives you the option of locking when you're in 2 wheel drive and 4-Hi as oposed to only being able to lock when in 4-Lo and keeping under 5 miles an hour.

I understand now.
I thought it was locked all the time when the mod was done.
I'll get on that this weekend!!!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
lol...what does it do if you lock it while moving...lock up the wheels?

stu said:
You can engage the locker while you're moving.

One possible side effect is this:

If you experience this rare, but serious, side effect, consult your insurance immediately.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
Sloth said:
No not really, just don't engage your locker on the highway.. or while moving at all for that matter.
You can't lock when you are going over 5mph anyways.

I soldered all my connections, and I soldered straight onto the pin connector. Much cleaner looking (looks stock) and less likely to come apart on the trail...

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
lol...what does it do if you lock it while moving...lock up the wheels?
No, he's just stu...

The ECU will only lock the rear end if you are under 5mph, anything over and the light will just blink.

The locker doesn't lock up the rear wheels, it locks the rear end so that each will spins the same speed, no matter what. Helpful if your rear end flex's or one is in the air, and the tire that has the least ammount of traction spins, while the other just stays there. A locker locks both axles and spins both tires at the same speed...

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
yup lock iit while stopped, unlock while stopped...

side effect- sliding corners at 50 mph and feeling like you are racing baja:D

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
NorcalPR said:
You can't lock when you are going over 5mph anyways.
That is one thing I find annoying. I understand why the limit is there, but there are times when I engauge my ARB at higher speeds. In fact I will engauge/disengauge it on steep hills quite often, and i dont want to slow below 5. I know when I am not spinning tires, and its safe to lock. Thou the ARB does engauge a lot quicker than the elocker. I guess when my new truck arrives it will just require altering my locker use habbits....

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
if left locked,one downside is, you will wear tires out like crazy on the street.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
i just did mine today and let me tell you i was more than happy when i got both back tires to light up and lay a nice double patch! i've never owned a vehicle that could do this so of course i started laughing like a maniac :lmao: :lmao: oh and comming out of a turn and dropping the clutch.... yea!!! nowthats what im talkin bout!! i dint think it was possible but i think im more in love with my truck now then i was before i did the mod

booo one wheel peal

horray two wheel drift!! :p

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
JJackson said:
Real easy to do, and can lock in moving less than 5mph in all 3 trasfer case selctions. And all for under 10$.
Or all 4 selections :flipoff4:

·
Registered
39 Posts
now on a 07, would the wire be in the same place? or on the other side or what? i want to do this mod as well, oh and on a side note, could the dealer mess with me about this, trying to void my warrenty???

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
extremepaint said:
i just did mine today and let me tell you i was more than happy when i got both back tires to light up and lay a nice double patch! i've never owned a vehicle that could do this so of course i started laughing like a maniac :lmao: :lmao: oh and comming out of a turn and dropping the clutch.... yea!!! nowthats what im talkin bout!! i dint think it was possible but i think im more in love with my truck now then i was before i did the mod

booo one wheel peal

horray two wheel drift!! :p
Wow, ur cool

1 - 20 of 25 Posts