TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I purchase a nice inexpensive grill/brush guard for my 06 Tacoma. I would even settle for a nice light bar.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Two good grill guards are here:

ronusa

toughcountry

I would personally save and go with something like the all pro, but if you are just looking for a decent looking grill guard those two are pretty nice, and are actually a little tougher than just a bling bling one.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
If you were out in Oregon I have one you could have for free...was on my truck for about 6 months till I got my ARB bumper...

·
Registered
883 Posts
ocdropzone said:
If you were out in Oregon I have one you could have for free...was on my truck for about 6 months till I got my ARB bumper...
If I pay you for shipping and handling, would you consider sending that to florida. btw, im a broke college student. haha.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
IMHO i think brushguards are ugly and not as near functional as a real bumper....just save up My .02

·
Registered
883 Posts
yea i know, but for some reason, i think i will kick myself in the ass later on when i think about putting $800 on a bumper, that the insurance probably won't cover if im ever in an accident.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well if you ever get in an accident and totally destroy the bumper, you're going to have a lot more to worry about. Bumpers are meant to be stout, otherwise there would be no point to having the extra weight/money invested. :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
ocdropzone said:
I am in Oregon, any pics of it?

·
Registered
883 Posts
what is the toughest grill guard? i know some are just tin cans in front of your bumper, i want something good. does arb make a grill guard for new tacos yet? there stuf is always good. i can't afford a bumper because then i will have to add support and upgrade to stronger coilovers. i don't plan on that just yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
wow! its been awhile since i posted here... any way i have a brush guard off ebay it made by hunters choice or something, it has 4mounting brackets human stregth cant budge it towards the truck but it moves alittle when you push on the side it cost $150 and its chrome. WARN is proably much more stronger but it cost alot more to0

·
Registered
883 Posts
does anybody have problems with sagging in the front when adding a brush guard?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I didn't notice any sagging, then again my truck is lifted so the front spring rate has changed...

·
Registered
883 Posts
paint your doors white and put some police lights up top. lol looks good. and it matches great with black. does it have holes for lights already?

edit: what ebay store did u buy that from. 119 is a pretty good deal. can u give me the item number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hunter grill guards are junk. They vibrate a lot when you drive. I got their guard last year and it rusts badly just after a few months. They do not honor their warranty and ignored my calls. I do not recommand anyone buying Hunter Truck products.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts