TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here is the deal. Have a 04 Tacoma Extra Cab V6 SR5 TRD 4x4. A few weeks ago I laid the truck on its side in a ditch after losing control on some ice. Now the right front took most of the damage, all cosmetic damage, right front quarter panel and such. So either way truck is fixed now and everything is good for about a week.

After a week I start hearing this grinding noise coming from my right front side. Now it is not constant, seems to be only at one spot on the wheel when driving, you hear it, and you don't, then you here, then you don't, etc. So I take it to a buddy of mine who works on Ford's. We take the right front wheel off and don't see anything rubbing such as brakes or anything broke. But we do notice is that when turning the rotor by hand there are a few clicks as it make its rotation, almost sounds like a spring being tensioned and let loose. Not very loud.

So we raise the left side take wheel off and do same thing, no noise there. He suggested might be my wheel bearings, but there is no play when checking the wheels. I took it to my local Yota dealership, and they said noise was coming from right front inner CV boot, and they greased it up. Now of course that didn't work and I still have the noise. I have another appt setup with the dealership Thursday.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My fellow noob, I think you will get some responses if you post your question to the NEWBIE TECH section. But before you do that try the SEARCH first, you might get some answer there. I had some grinding noise on the right front of my truck few months ago. But mine didnt fall in the ditch. I dont know anything about car engine and other stuff. I just did a search here in this forum and found some answers. It was my front right axle going bad and CV boot was worn out also. Yours might be something else.

Im suprise the flame throwers are not here yet.

"Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried." - FRANK TYGER

1 - 3 of 3 Posts