TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to owning a Truck. But I feel I made a great decision. Love it. Anyway.

900 miles on my truck and sometimes when I turn on the fan (with or without AC) I here this 3 - 4 second grinding noise. Anybody eles?

I will take it to the dealer when I get a chance.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sounds like you may have a leaf or something in it. Pull the fan motor and look in the squirrel cage.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have an 06 double cab and I Noticed that too last summer, when it is hot out and I turn on the a/c it will make a short grunt sound almost like a clunk. I still need to take it in and have them look at it while it is under warrenty. Any info would help.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have an 07 4.0 d-cab and i have not had this issue or any as of yet. knock on wood.

·
Registered
883 Posts
why are u worried about it. with 900 miles, just take it to the dealer and let them worry about it. dont start pulling stuff apart, thats there problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I have had the same issue with my 2006 toyota tacoma SR5 4X4 4 cylinder 10,000 miles (5/28/07) with the grinding issue. I am going to have them look at it next time I take it in. I have had several issues with my truck such as weather stripping on roof was not on vehicle when purchased, power steering was losing fluid but you could not see it anywhere on the ground, speedometer is 5 to 6mph off when going around 60 to 70, now the rear brakes are starting to vibrate and oh yea the grinding issue. Does it seem like I have a lemon??? What do you all think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.