TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We (I as a passenger) ran Grizzly Saturday morning. The crew (Don, Ike, Nate and Dale) came by and picked me up and we headed up. We arrived at the trailhead, thought we had it wrong, in large part to the view being different from the passenger seat and long time since I had last been there. Finally we got started.

Don took the lead at the first obstacle.

After finding out that this line was not going to work for him, he moved to line further to his left and made it short order.

Ike went next. And after some discussion and creative rock placement, made it on up.

Meanwhile, Ace, Ike's dog was planted in 'his' seat waiting for the fun to begin.

Nate was next, and no matter what he tried, the rock lip kept wanting to take a piece of his gas tank skid.

So, Don and Ike went up the trail a bit to where Don could get turned around. After getting positioned and chocked up, out came the winch line, and Nate was up and over.

Dale came up last. He took the line that had given Don trouble and made it look painfully easy.

The rest of the ride up was relatively uneventful, although one rocky area was a little tougher than it initially looked and Don caught a little air clearing it.

And we finally arrived at the end of the trail.

I took video of people coming back down over that first obstacle, so no pics of that.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you guys were going up Antero as we were starting to come down from that mine. We got back down to the creek crossing and debated going up Antero but decided it was getting too late in the day.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nice pics Gary, good job. :D

·
20,355 Posts
Yeah, we just missed you Troy. The entrance to Grizzly is a challenge without a front locker/lots of clearance.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've got some pics - have not had time to get 'em sorted, hosted and posted. Was great to meet you, Gary (Chalkie).

Don't know what happened on the FRS - I had squelch set to minimum - but the Rino has a small antenna. Might be an alligator - all mouth and no ears.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I heard you loud and clear. Tried responding on 3 different radios, including the base station at the cabin. Oh, well.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I had a great trip out and it was wonderful to meet you CO guys and gals.

Grizzly lake and some trail above Baldwin lake (Sat)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts