TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found some Tacoma / 4Runner CV's that are BRAND NEW for $50 ea.

GSP Brand? Anybody ever heard of or used these?

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Hmmm... their Limited Lifetime Waranty isn't quite the "no questions asked" free lunch that the Vatozones & others have... but for $50, who cares?

Good find- I've been having CV's rebuilt locally for $50.

They show the MH only as a reman, ADD as either new or reman... although I couldn't locate the pricing...?

序号

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well - I just found this:
Atlanta Ga. - GSP announces it acquired the Powerline, an auto parts remanufacturing company based in South Carolina .

The Powerline based in Roebuck SC has more than 25 years of history of remanufacturing CV axle, Rack & Pinion and Flying Wheel

Now under the name of GSP North America Co., Inc. the facility is to serve as a Master Distributor for SE market as a part of GSP NA national distribution network while continuing its reman role with increased capacity

GSP NA is a customer-focused auto parts distribution company with various customers ranging from national chain stores, mass distributors and warehouse distributors in more than 20 states and nearly $15 million in estimated annual revenues in 2005/2006 fiscal year. It is a subsidiary of GSP, the largest CV axle manufacture in China and the world.
I have heard bad things about the Powerline CV's. There was a recent post about them on here:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showpost.php?p=779807&postcount=14

Hmmmm - now I'm a little suspicious of these GSP CV's...

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
looks cheap to me... for the amount of stress we put on those cv's i don't mind paying a little extra. the best deal i have found so far is napa brand cv's new for 119. no core charge (i bought one for my trail spare) napa parts seem to always be a little better quality wise than the other stores like autozone and o'rielys.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I'm even looking at these is because the CV's that I have for my 4WD Conversion are OEM Toyota ones (I think), but you can tell they've got quite a few trail miles on them already. I was going to keep the ones I have for spares, and try to get some nice new(er) ones to put on the truck.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
then i would go with two brand new napa cv's, that way you can keep your oem ones for spares.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Advance Auto/Parts America carries the GSP's. I just bought one new, no core required for $79 from them.
BUT...I bent the shaft to simulate the high angle I'll be running them at (2" spacer lift), and I didnt like the way the inner joint semms to bind up...Almost like its dry, and has no grease in it. When I push the shaft in and out though, it does sound like there is some grease in it, but I'm kinda worried about it, so will probably be taking it back. I'll see if I can compare it to another one if they have one, but....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah Sar Squid, or anyone else for that matter,

don't even bother with those crappers, those are the EXACT ones that I installed and had bind up with them immediately...as in while the truck was in the jacked position and the suspension was at full droop.

Couldn't even spin the wheel a third of a revolution without the thing just binding up. And as a further issue the dust seal disc on them (or atleast mine) was not positioned correctly, just about two millimeters too close to the inner joint housing and it was enough of a space to allow diff fluid to weep slowly. And thirdly, with the truck jacked and a lift used to push up slightly on the lower A-arm to relieve the bind in the axle, the inner joint would move just slightly in-and-out of the differential while the wheel was spun through it's revolutions. These things in my opinion aren't even good enough for a non-lifted truck, and certainly not for a lifted one where the binding at droop (and even before droop is reached) is going to happen in general driving situations, let alone going offroad. I'd expect to go through them like candy.

These peices of crap are lifetime replacement, yeah I'll give them that, but I wouldn't use them if my nuts depended on them. Save your time and spend more on something else. I believe that Tacozilla at TOP has remaned OEM ones. Considering that I seriously torqued mine up so bad, yet had to actually reinstall them because those GSP Powerlines were such inferior shit, and they are better in that condition (128K) than NEW aftermarket, I'd say the OEM or remaned OEM are worth the money.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I wouldn't buy from any ebay account with that low of a rating anyways. If it's not 98.5% or higher, I avoid.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are the same ones - the GSP ones.

If you look at the eBay link I posted - those are being sold through Mac Auto Parts.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Those are the same ones - the GSP ones.

If you look at the eBay link I posted - those are being sold through Mac Auto Parts.
ah good call i should be more obervent next time;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts