TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member of TTORA since late 01 but never really surfed the national boad. Just kinda stuck to the TXTTORA board on delphi. After recieving some body damage at Tree's a coupla weeks back I started lurking this forum for rear bumper ideas on the advice of John (murderman). I own a 1994 PreTacoma and share an 84 solid axle w/ my father (who owns an 02 Dcab s/c). Figured i'd introduce myself formaly to the rest of the nation since the TX guys no me so well already. "I am Hardcore" (inside joke, I'm sure you'll hear the story if I make it to Paragon)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome. Are you running stock size tires or did you run your torsion bars up some to clear some bigger tires. I used to have a 86 longbed single cab 4x4 i just ran the torsion bars up some and put shackles on the rear worked good with 33x12.50's on 15x9's never once bumped the fender. How do you like the lockright in the front any problems? Do you use it often?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran the torsion bars up enough to level the truck. I am running 267/75r16 BFG KM's on Toyota Tacoma black "spare" wheels. I haven't had any trouble out of the lockrite so far. Wheeled it in Katemcy (slick rock) and Tree's Ranch (lots of rocks and trees). I was real worried about it the first time i wheeled it and even more so the first time i wheeled w/ the front locker. I underestimated the CV's, they are a lot stronger than i thought they would be. i woulden't trade either of my lockers for all the lift in the world, unless is was the allpro SAS kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts