TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright posted this up on the FJ Forums and now here! Well I'm possibly coming to Colorado. Leaving December 29th and returning January 6th. So you guys/gals gonna get me out to some "REAL" wheelin. Like actual mountains and stuff??? :D

Snow or no snow, I want to play!

Guru

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm really still in the planning stages. I know Denver is in the plans, Breckenridge, and maybe Copper Mountain. I'm driving up there with a hottie named Christine and we're meeting up her friends, etc... I know they want to go to Denver to watch some live music 3 nights in a row and I'm not really feeling that.

Heck we have a good live music scene here. I'm down for maybe 2 days of snowboarding, then other misc stuff. Heck I'm down for a roadtrip no matter how far to ToyTec to check out the place ;).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah so I heard on the FJ board. Well hell if it's snowed in nothing wrong with getting a get together going for beer and grub!

·
Registered
158 Posts
there might be some wheeling up here in Ft Collins. I dont know how deep the snow will be up on storm Mt. But we are only an hour north of denver.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pulser said:
there might be some wheeling up here in Ft Collins. I dont know how deep the snow will be up on storm Mt. But we are only an hour north of denver.
Like I said I don't mind a drive ;).

RedRunnertc said:
Guess the first question I should have asked is how built is your FJ and what kind of trails are you looking to do?
Well not wanting to do anything extreme but just some cool wheelin. As for my FJ...

ToyTec Lifted! (3") FJ3-FRCC w/ ProComp Rear Shocks
Hankook DynaPro MT RT03's -285/70-17
A-TRAC + Rear Locker Mod
TRD Bling! Oil Cap and F&R License Plate Frames (that has to count for some mad power right? haha)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hotrodguru said:
Heck I'm down for a roadtrip no matter how far to ToyTec to check out the place ;).
dude, there's nothing to see at ToyTec! Bwahahaha!....just Doug's garage. And it's a mess. All his machined work is outsourced to local fabircators.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha, I don't care. Heck I can drink a beer with Doug, shop or no shop. Did you forget I'm from Texas? :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well one month away and I'll make sure to bump this thread again closer to the date.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
w00t w00t, 3 more weeks till road trip!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright posted this in the Trail Run section on the FJ Cruiser forums.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/trail-runs-get-togethers/16943-guru-colorado-trail-run-12-31-1-5-a.html

Doug from ToyTec is in for a run. Friend Adam is also coming on road trip and bringing his Jeep. So who's in? Doug did ask how difficult of a trail I wanted to do and if I had sliders. I'm thinking maybe 2-3's maybe a 4. I DO NOT have sliders nor does my pal with the Jeep. I also prefer coming back to TX with all fenders and body panels in place :D.

I don't know our exact plans or schedule yet but we can plan accordingly. We're leaving Houston on the 29th so should be in Colorado (think Denver first) on the 30th. So that really leaves any day between 12/31 - 1/5 for a trail run.

12/29 - Friday ----- on the road from Houston
12/30 - Saturday ----- arriving in Denver
12/31 - Sunday ----- in Denver area
1/01 - Monday ----- in Denver area
1/02 - Tuesday ----- in Breckenridge
1/03 - Wednesday ----- in Breckenridge
1/04 - Thursday ----- in Breckenridge
1/05 - Friday ----- in Breckenridge (maybe driving out on Friday)
1/06 - Saturday ----- on the road back to Houston
1/07 - Sunday ----- maybe arriving back from Colorado or already have

Guru :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the link RedRunner. Well seems like we're getting together on 1/1 around noon-early mid day. We'll grab some grub and take it from there. See if there's anything at all we can perhaps wheel.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Stay in touch on here - we may have a New Year's day Carnage Canyon run outside Boulder. I can't guarantee no body damage without sliders, but if you are careful and listen to a spotter, you can get through.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds good man. So let's say I don't have sliders, just my 285 MT's and a 3" lift. What's (percentage wise) the chance I can get some body damage.

You know like, 30% chance you're going to cave in your rear quarter panel, yada yada. I have NO trouble being careful and listening to a spotter ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright this seems like the most concrete thing going. So if we need to edit this please let me know. Seems like we'll have people off the FJ Forums, TTORA, YotaTech and my buddy Adam who's following in his Heep.

I'll be checking these thread 2 or 3 more times before heading out on Friday morning. There are threads on all the above mentioned forums.

What: Guru in Colorado Meet and Greet w/ hopefully some wheelin action.
When: Monday, January 1st, 2007 at 12pm noon.
Where: Hickory House Ribs - Parker, CO
Address: 10335 South Parker Road - Parker, CO 80134
Phone: 303-805-9742
Directions and Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=10335+South+Parker+Road,+parker,+CO&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=39.53324,-104.766827&spn=0.028134,0.086517&om=1&iwloc=addr

1 - 20 of 21 Posts