TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my set prepped for install so are there any tricks or things to watch out for during installation? I just want the install to go as easy as possible.
Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
terminator said:
I've got my set prepped for install so are there any tricks or things to watch out for during installation? I just want the install to go as easy as possible.
Thanks
Jason
how much extra room do these give? my fenders are cut to hell and back but my fenders are also beat to hell and back, when i do my flat bed im going to fix all the body damange on the cab and lineX the cab some crazy color and wouldnt mind having some flares on.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
terminator said:
Thanks
Jason
pretty straight forward. time consuming. 2 of us took all day to get the first 2 mounted. I also had to trim the rear bumper and sliders. The other side I finished by myself in a day. make sure you get the 5/32" drill bit. I didn't and the first one had to use nuts on the screws, ended up using nuts on all 4.
HLH

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
zszac111 said:
how much extra room do these give? my fenders are cut to hell and back but my fenders are also beat to hell and back, when i do my flat bed im going to fix all the body damange on the cab and lineX the cab some crazy color and wouldnt mind having some flares on.
cut ~1" from rear fender both front and rear of the fenders. Front cut ~1" front rear of front fender. I cut little more off-1/2" or so.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
grumpy said:
cut ~1" from rear fender both front and rear of the fenders. Front cut ~1" front rear of front fender. I cut little more off-1/2" or so.
they wont give me enough clearance then, shit, i took where the 01 flares where and traced them with a sharpy, took them off and cut, looked clean untill i got into a couple rocks with the fenders, so i guess ill replace them and do the same thing over, and hopefully the exo will help out alittle.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
zszac111 said:
they wont give me enough clearance then, shit, i took where the 01 flares where and traced them with a sharpy, took them off and cut, looked clean untill i got into a couple rocks with the fenders, so i guess ill replace them and do the same thing over, and hopefully the exo will help out alittle.
another Az guy is planning on his exo going around the fenders where the flares go. help hide the square holes from the TRD flares.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
terminator said:
Thanks
Jason
I put mine on, drilled all the bolt holes and then took them all off and put a few coats of paint on all the holes to minimize the rust later on. I also used silicone when I put all the bolts in to keep the holes dry because of the salt on the roads here. My biggest piece of advice is take your time and make sure you push hard on the flare to flex it up out of the wheel well when you drill your holes. It will make the rubber gasket tight against the body and open the wheel well up a bit. Good luck, like Derek it took me about 4 hours per flare and about 6 for the one around the snorkel but I took my time and they turned out great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Steve, you wouldnt happen to have a straight on shot of your truck with the flares would you? I'm curious of the way it looks.

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Steve. Next time you have the camera out if you could snap a pic it would be apreciated, dont make a special effort though. oh, and your wheels are 15x8 right?

Travis

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
tmacie said:
Thanks Steve. Next time you have the camera out if you could snap a pic it would be apreciated, dont make a special effort though. oh, and your wheels are 15x8 right?

Travis
Yeah they're 15x8 with 3.25" BS. 33x12.5 MT's. I'll get you a pic this afternoon. ....Steve

·
Registered
135 Posts
SteveO said:
I don't have any straight on but here's the best I can find. If you really need one I could take one this afternoon for you. Here's a few pics from last weekend courtesy of Mudferret. Rob's site
Looks like some sweet winter wheeling. I can't wait til it snows here in PA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
stevet47
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing