TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine just bought some axles this weekend for his future build up. The two axles were in great shape etc. They even came complete with 5 H1 wheels. Problem being is he is wanting to go with 17" wheels instead of the Hummer wheels.

Anyone have any idea on how much he can sell them for? Personally I have never shopped for any so I have no idea on how much they are worth. I can tell you though they are in great shape! One even still has the "never flat" tube on it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
double beadlocked too.

bitch is they are 16.5" (hate that wheel size) and an EXTREME bitch to balance. Back spacing is normally a prick on them too.

I have seen them go anywhere from $25 to $50 a rim

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't look close at the details on the wheels, so I am not sure what the size exactly is. If you say they are 16.5's I would have to take your word for it.

I do believe you are right about them being double beadlocked, I remember thinking about the split in the wheel when I picked one up to load on the trailer.

I am trying to get my buddy to sign up so he can watch this thread. If he has done so by now. I have him give the specifics on them.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
They are 16.5's for sure and double beadlocks w/runflat magnesium inserts inside them. The backspacing isn't too big of a deal because alot of people re-center them and just make the backspacing whatever they want. Balancing is going to be damn near impossible as stated. Price wise idk, my friend paid 25 a piece I think for his w/the hummer 36" tires on them.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
don't go pitching them just yet.........some of the later ones were 17" instead of 16.5"........we do alot of alignments for the local gaurd base and I have seen some with 17's.

And who cares about balancing......they are going on a Buggy LOL

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave's plans changed yesterday ( as they normally do with this type of project) he found some tires that will fit these rims so he decided to keep them after all!

Me on the other hand, I might need some of those 17" once I figure what I am going to do down the road!

I did tell you my buggy plans seem to be changing didn't I?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.