TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for upgraded headlights, i have had 3 Toyotas in the past but never a tacoma. I have a 2002 extra cab SR5 TRD and im looking to get brighter lights. Before this i had a jeep which you had to upgrade to H4. I understand that this truck has H4 and if it does what is a recommended bulb to replace it with? Is it worth it to get new housing?

I guess those are my real questions.

-Matt

·
Registered
662 Posts
You could upgrade to an h4 HID system too.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I just got some Vision X bulbs from Marlin. They seem brighter than stock.

Some here have put in bigger wires. "Big 3" upgrade maybe, I don't remember.

I'd like an HID swap.

·
Registered
662 Posts
^I like those Vision X bulbs. I had them in my offroad lights before I upgraded them to HID. So, that's another easy option. I upgraded my Vision X low/high beam offroad lights to the BiXenon (low/high beam) HID from TRS. It cost $135 and the are BRIGHT! Actually, they are one of my favorite mods on my truck. I can run the low beams on the street without issues then switch to high beams off road.

Here's how I did it:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/309790-how-i-made-low-high-beam-hid-offroad-lights.html

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
^I like those Vision X bulbs. I had them in my offroad lights before I upgraded them to HID. So, that's another easy option. I upgraded my Vision X low/high beam offroad lights to the BiXenon (low/high beam) HID from TRS. It cost $135 and the are BRIGHT! Actually, they are one of my favorite mods on my truck. I can run the low beams on the street without issues then switch to high beams off road.

Here's how I did it:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/309790-how-i-made-low-high-beam-hid-offroad-lights.html
Will they fit in my stock headlights? Will they be legal?

·
Registered
662 Posts
You can put them in one of those H4 housings that are out there if you're a sealed beam truck like mine. For a newer rig like yours I'd do the morimoto mini retrofit along with the hids. That would be an awesome setup!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have always used the Piaa's in my Toyotas but I'm thinking of the LED upgrade over the HID do to the instant on feature of LED. Has anyone had success with the LED on the street ?

Sorry for the thread jack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts