TTORA Forum banner

H4 Headlight Issues?? Short Life Span?

4K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  taugust 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I got a '02 Double Cab and have had problems with aftermarket headlights not lasting very long. Maybe 5-6 months or so on average. These aftermarket lights range from super-cheap EBAY deals, to PIAA's bought from the dealership. Even the parts guy at my Toyota dealer acknowledges that this has been an issue.

The last set of lights I bought are under warranty and I can take them back for a free replacement whenever they may burn out, but I would like to solve this problem anyway; Free lights or not.

Has anyone else had this experience?? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Beave

#27 ·
pr0jectezek1el said:
hey guys

i did a google search and typed in nwor and i got this web site

http://www.northwestoffroad.com/

is that the right website for the wire harness? bc i just order the philpis plus from powerbulb.com

thankls
I have that one...pricy but works very well.

nwor is not really customer friendly and their sales people are pretty clueless. They have some very good products but they customer service is seriously lacking.

#28 ·
Yeah their sales staff is rude too and there is a 25$ minim on order. I tried to buy some grease which was like 20$. He wanted me to buy their catalog which is $5. Who the hell pays for catalog these days any ways.? He qouted me some like 30$ with shipping. I wasnt about to pay 30$ for grease.

hytenor said:
I have that one...pricy but works very well.

nwor is not really customer friendly and their sales people are pretty clueless. They have some very good products but they customer service is seriously lacking.

#30 ·
#31 ·
Do you guys think that the daytime running lights are causing this short lifespan??? I mean, they are on all the time on some kind of low-low beam. Can't be good for them.

I don't believe that DTR lights are "required by law" on a vehicle so equipped, so I may disable mine and see if my Philips bulbs last longer.

What do you guys think???

Jody.

#32 ·
The reason for the short life if you touch the bulb...

The oil from your fingers creates a spot where the heat from the bulb can't dissapate as quickly and the bulb overheats. If you do accidently touch them, clean them very thoroughly with rubbing alcohol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.