TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i woke up this morning thought about hitting trail but decided to sleep instead sooo typical day so far.

took dogs out. by the time i got done with the flat one it was comming down... got up stairs turned on the computer and by that time it was hailing and raining really hard!

SOOO hail got bigger... and i got :D then the street behind my house started to flood i then sent an "omg its craZy HAILZ here in auroroa!!!" to devinsixtyseven then i took video of river behind the house that used to be a PARKING LOT!

so i figure its a great day for a drive! i got in the truck and when out for a ride and thats when i saw this! its right at the end of my driveway wear there was also an accident not too long ago one more thing happens and its the aurora triangle! a vortex of misfortune!

so thats the beemer thats now fubared but off to the left of that was a lumina stuck right in the middle of the street flooded to the seats! i looked around for anyone whatching the car and didnt see so i stopped and took pics and ran up the road to get to wear the real flooding should have been

the real flooding wasnt exciting but on my way i got on to 1st i saw another huge flooded road i gunned it through in 4 low 2nd and threw i nice wake. thats when i noticed the mexicans in there 2wd slow mobile on the the side of the road with some great "WTF" faces! haha so i did it again and came back to the house i noticed the people wear there digging out and trying to get it going, i asked them if they needed a tug and they said yea. so i got the ole strap and a wrench to disconect the battery and layed down in a foot of hail in short sleeves got the strap around the rear lower control arm and tugged them to the side. the neighbor with the never been used lifted titan came over after i was unhooking the strap and asked if we needed a hand :rolleyes: then said thank you... no tips but what ever it was fun! good karma!

so that was my memorial day weekend, i didnt get any pics of the recovery but you can imagine right?

·
Registered
342 Posts
that reminds me of last year when we had a freakflash flood in the middle of greeley here i ended up driving through 4 feet of water to a few cars that were partcially submerged so that people could hop in the bed of my truck and i took them to the nearest high ground with som rain rain cover so they could call tow trucks and what not...i felt like a ferry-men with 4wd it was fun till i got water in my distributor cap and had to park and slog aroun in the water figuring out the issue lawlz

·
Registered
342 Posts
speaking of which its been thundering non-stop all friggen day here and rain...hmmm too bad my truck isnt on the road

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I worked all day and had the Lex parked in an underground garage. :D Good thing, from the sound of it.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Fawk! Lawlz indeed...I could tell from the cell pic it was deep, what with the hail and water to that BMW's hub line...but damn!

No hail damage on the truck, I hope?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no damage to the truck thanksfully at least not that i noticed i'll come out tommorow and find my truck looks like the surface of ana orange! haha

im sure the water was actually deeper than hubline, and the cars sat through the whole thing! the seats on the car i pulled out of the street had hail on them from teh water line!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
well it was in the afternoon dad said it started around 11 ish and it went on til like 4 the thunder was way non stop one after another for like and hour or so dog was scared shitless

·
20,355 Posts
I just saw rain, pretty much the whole weekend of camping but it wasnt that bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts