TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FINISHED PICS BELOW!!!
I have searched and looked through every post so far on 1/2 doors but want to gather as many pics as possible before I chop them up so I can decide which cut I like the most. How many of you went to the side impact beam and stopped? Also How did you do the latch/handle? I would love any/all pics and advice you can give me.
Thanks so much,
Jamie

·
Registered
27 Posts
KStacoma said:
I have searched and looked through every post so far on 1/2 doors but want to gather as many pics as possible before I chop them up so I can decide which cut I like the most. How many of you went to the side impact beam and stopped? Also How did you do the latch/handle? I would love any/all pics and advice you can give me.
Thanks so much,
Jamie
Good luck with the doors Jamie (this is Fred from 43 Auto)! Be sure to post up some pics when your done.

Fred

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
When I get mine I am going to try and maintain the stock setup and just cut the metal down to that point. It may turn out different when I finally get the doors and tear in to them.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fred Allen Burge said:
Good luck with the doors Jamie (this is Fred from 43 Auto)! Be sure to post up some pics when your done.

Fred
Thanks Fred, it was good talking with you. Steer clear of this forum unless you want start a lifelong wheeling addiction :D

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought i'd post some progress pics up of my doors-
I am almost done w/the 1st one......jesus and I have over 30hrs in it already.
They are just primer white for now, I am going to color match them tommorow. The black is similar to rhino/linex type stuff.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol thanks for the compliments guys. I figured I'd keep the handle just to cut down on the headaches these doors are already giving me. I don't ever want to weld sheetmetal again lol.......but now that I know how to do it so well I am itching to bob the bed :saw:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I am going to put a 5.25" speaker in there. I thought about doing a recessed cubby hole but I just got way too sick of messing w/sheetmetal. Maybe I'll put a maglite mount on it or something though. I am really digging how light they are, probably 1/2 the weight of my regular doors and easy to throw around.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
As promised, pics. Sorry none on the truck, I am saving those until I am totally done with both doors-
Here is drivers door done. I need to press in my weather stripping on the top where my "window" is lol. I also need to add my custom "taco" emblem. Also need to touch up that white tape line w/ some black so smooth the appearance out. That is 2 coats color 2 coats clear. I figure good enough for 1/2 doors. The black you see on the inner "trim panel" is badass, it is damn near like line-x and looks alot better in real life then pictures are doing it justice.

I started on the other one today.....these are so damn tweaked from being rolled over I almost gave up on this one but managed eventually to make it work.

Please ignore the poor white trash garage motif I have going on right now lol.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still need to repaint the pass. door, I ran out of paint and had to rattle can it flat tan for the time being but will finish paint it this week.

·
Registered
266 Posts
sorry but im still a noob i guess but wont that be worste when your mudding and stuff? and you arent going to make a cover?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts