TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got started on these the other day. i've got them both cut and today i got the sheet metal cut out and tacked on the drivers door. hopefully i can get these things finished up before my wheeling trip this weekend

·
Registered
68 Posts
talk about taking a sawzall to your doors... looks better with te plate covering the wound.

·
Registered
286 Posts
all that just to keep the stock door handle?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thats more like a 1/5 of a door.
Yeah, but it looks cool as hell!! You wouldn't happen to have a pattern or measurements on your cuts, would you?:saw: :welder:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, no patterns or measurements. i just marked where i thought it looked good and fired up the grinder

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all that just to keep the stock door handle?
not only does it save me a lot of hassle trying to figure out a new latching mechanism but it also gives me an arm rest and some kind of protection for my body in the event of an accident

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Where did you pick up the doors to chop? Looks pretty good I think, maybe someday if I find some cheap doors I will do up the half doors.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Look pretty good man, I just finished mine up myself. Are you sick of welding sheet metal yet lol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look pretty good man, I just finished mine up myself. Are you sick of welding sheet metal yet lol.
haha i'm gettin there. although i dont find sheet metal to be that bad to work with as long as you have the right welder for it

i got the doors off my friend's parts truck

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Looks good, I'd like to see the finished product. I like the idea of keeping the stock door closure and having the protection at your body. Nice work.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i dont get how people don't just steal your stuff when you guys have half doors or tube doors? do you put up a piece of fabric or metal to close the rest of the door/window off?

but thats a pretty cool look for the door.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I'm assuming they don't just trot around town, especially late at night w/ their 1/2 or 1/5 doors on. At least, I know I sure as shit wouldn't. Then again, you can't ever tell these days...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i dont get how people don't just steal your stuff when you guys have half doors or tube doors? do you put up a piece of fabric or metal to close the rest of the door/window off?

but thats a pretty cool look for the door.
LOL not everybody lives in a shitass crappy city ;)

Here in texas, you get shot snooping around at night, legally. As for the day, well here in college station people drive around with their tops off their heeps and stuff all the time. Theft doesn't happen here very often. I wouldn't drive around every day like that, but every once in a while wouldn't matter much.

As for the woods/deserts, well, you try to steal and they may find you several months later in a shallow grave hehe.

·
Registered
741 Posts
LOL not everybody lives in a shitass crappy city ;)

Here in texas, you get shot snooping around at night, legally. As for the day, well here in college station people drive around with their tops off their heeps and stuff all the time. Theft doesn't happen here very often. I wouldn't drive around every day like that, but every once in a while wouldn't matter much.

As for the woods/deserts, well, you try to steal and they may find you several months later in a shallow grave hehe.
thats cool, in my city, we have tons of **** and retards who steal stuff and if you dont lock it its gone within a minute.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
thats cool, in my city, we have tons of **** and retards who steal stuff and if you dont lock it its gone within a minute.
Yeah sounds like austin. I have a buddy who had to WELD DOWN his amp in his jeep to avoid getting it stolen - again. Pretty funny to see really, it's going nowhere fast for sure LOL

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Good lookin half door. I like the cap, looks pro.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
finally got these finished up except for the interior panels which arent really a priority right now but i'm very pleased with the way they came out. enjoy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts