TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Took a nice trip to do some Leaf Peepin along 285. After a long delay in traffic and a near miss of Lightning it was great run. Nice to meet you Asha'man and I hope camping was dry. On to the good stuff pics:

Thanks to this trail my rig is sporting a wonderful new paint job consisting of multiple stripes on the gold/tan base. I may keep it clean but no one can say that I don't use it now.

Can't wait for that BBQ Hurley and maybe we can squeeze in one more run before the snow flies.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crap. I left out what I found to be my favorite photo. I am sure that Asha'man and Hurley have even better pics. I know that I saw Asha'man get a rear tire on the high side off the ground on this. This was one spot on this trail where it paid to have a wider stance then the 4Runners. About the only spot though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Very nice pics Eric! I will have some up shortly, been a very busy Sunday (went and looked at a couple new rigs, then watched the Broncos get there asses handed to them, grrr).

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find anything good to buy? Yeah we watched the Broncos too. I knew it was too good to be true.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Placed a bid on a 94 4runner SR5 Loaded, on E-bay so we'll see. Copy on the BBQ, we are working on a full bar in the basement as well as a monster deck, so we'll keep ya'll posted.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Placed a bid on a 94 4runner SR5 Loaded, on E-bay so we'll see. Copy on the BBQ, we are working on a full bar in the basement as well as a monster deck, so we'll keep ya'll posted.
Let me know if you need help. I have designed and built a few decks and one bar back in the day. I am handy with a Dewalt Kit and more then happy to help.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Awesome pics guys! I love Hall Valley! I see you made it up to the upper cabin! A little rain and sleet, followed by some afternoon sun! Way cool. Were the aspens down lower nice?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Let me know if you need help. I have designed and built a few decks and one bar back in the day. I am handy with a Dewalt Kit and more then happy to help.
Definately may need the hand, I've helped out on a couple decks and am more than capable of building one, but designing and what not will be the trickiest part. My roomate pretty much craps money and will pay me/whoever helps. I'll let you know

·
Registered
461 Posts
Awesome pics guys! I love Hall Valley! I see you made it up to the upper cabin! A little rain and sleet, followed by some afternoon sun! Way cool. Were the aspens down lower nice?
Aspens were alot lower, Rachel got several awesome shots of them (which i'll post as soon as I can steal them from her camera). The road leading up to the upper cabin was pretty sweet with all the rain/sleet, it was pretty much a creek running along the trail.

·
Registered
461 Posts
A 2nd gen? Really? Have you heard NOTHING Molly and I have been saying?
I've got outbid today (one guy was t***c or something, lol) so we'll see, I may rebid tomorrow depending on how high bids have gone. This is my first Ebay rodeo.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Awesome trip! Eric, I didn't know I got a wheel off the ground on that one spot - that's kinda cool. :D Hall was really neat with all the aspens down low (gorgeous!!!) and then the ever-changing weather up top. As we were going up to the mine, it was sleeting pretty nicely (as you can see in some of the pics), and then by the time we got up there it was sunny again. Saw some very distant mountain goats and Rachel got pics of a moose down in the valley. I'll post our pics up when I get them off Jenn's camera, and will also post up a new thread with our Red Cone and camping pics. :) Great wheeling with you guys!

·
20,355 Posts
Looks like it was a great trip. i may need to check this trail out before it snows.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
As you can see, the leaves were in full glorious color:

The gate at the Whale Mine (thanks for shooting it up, assholes):

Suddenly not so beautiful out:

Pressing on to the Missouri Mine:

Made it just in time for the weather to clear!:

Eric:

Dan:

Me:

Aerial view:

Wow....

Eric's wife doing something upslope, and my gf picking up rocks for her new slingshot :D:

Anyone need exhaust? Maybe a bellypan?

Random mining shit:

Bad windshield shot of Dan going through the stream:

That's about all I've got. New thread pending with pics of our camping that night and the next day's wheeling!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Nice to see some other folks got to see the gold!

A 2nd gen? Really? Have you heard NOTHING Molly and I have been saying?
x2!

Take it as a sign from God and go for a 1st or 3rd gen ...
x2!!

Then do not pass go, go straight for a 3rd gen. Better interior, WAY better motor, better gas mileage, safer.
x2!!!

I've owned 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen 4Runners. The only one I would never buy again is the 2nd gen. It was a dog and after seeing what you like to do with your 1st gen, I think you will be disappointed :2cents:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Eric's wife doing something upslope, and my gf picking up rocks for her new slingshot :D:
She was looking for gold! No she wasn't feeling well for the last 2 days and was just looking around at the various ore rocks. Either that or she was helping Jen find ammo.:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts