TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
help asap

Tonight I had planned on replacing the aftermarket radio in my 96 4runner (the factory one was messed up when I bought it and the dealership put a crappie in to replace it). I had diconnected the negative battery terminal and let it discharge before doing anything. Well when I reconnect it the damn battery the factory alarm system goes off. Is there a lockout out feature on the alarm or is something is f'ed up. What do I do. HELP!!

When I bought the car it never came with a remote just one oringal key

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried putting the key in the ingintion and then reconnected the battery. The lights and dash came on but the it wouldn't start. As soon as the door closed the alarm went off. Would just dicconnecting the battery altoghet help?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
NO
thenexus said:
I tried putting the key in the ingintion and then reconnected the battery. The lights and dash came on but the it wouldn't start. As soon as the door closed the alarm went off. Would just dicconnecting the battery altoghet help?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what would??? I can try the door thing again and see if that helps. Should I have a key in the igiontion at the same time?? Or just have the door closed and then try. Is ther a fuse I can just pull?

Sorry, it just sucks because I can't go anywhere at the moment.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OEM. It has two window stickers that say the radio will not work if removed and the oterh says something like vehicle protection system.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
thenexus said:
So what would??? I can try the door thing again and see if that helps. Should I have a key in the igiontion at the same time?? Or just have the door closed and then try. Is ther a fuse I can just pull?

Sorry, it just sucks because I can't go anywhere at the moment.
open the driver's door, insert key, turn key as if to unlock door. If that doesn't do it there is something else wrong.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank You guys. The dang thing finally went off. Your were right on when you said to turn the ignition and flip the switch back and forth. I had that small part of the kick panel off incase I had to diconnect the system. Luckly, I didn't have to. Thank you guys once again. :) :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
thenexus said:
Thank You guys. The dang thing finally went off. Your were right on when you said to turn the ignition and flip the switch back and forth. I had that small part of the kick panel off incase I had to diconnect the system. Luckly, I didn't have to. Thank you guys once again. :) :D
haha my buddy had the same thing happen when we were replacing the stereo in his runner but we just ripped the alarm out when we couldnt get it to stop

1 - 17 of 17 Posts