TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vegas runner and my self just took and passed the ham radio test up off valley view. Who is the owner of the silver 05/06 tacoma???

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Where did you take it, when do they offer it, how much was it, and what study manual did you use? I really want to get my license. I've got a 2m radio but I can't use it to it's full potential because #1 I don't know how and #2 I don't have a license. So for now I'm only using the 151mhz range that BITD uses. I know these things can dial repeaters and you can talk to people in Australia and all kinds of cool stuff so I'd really like to know how it works. Are you going to get your Amateur Radio license plates? They cost $36 to register and the annual fee is waived if operator agrees to assist during emergencies.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Vegas runner and my self just took and passed the ham radio test up off valley view. Who is the owner of the silver 05/06 tacoma???
Congrats Kurt!

The silver Tacoma belongs to a friend of mine. He goes by mandzach on this board I believe. He passed too :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The test was $14 and they give the test on the second saturday of each month at a church near Valley view and washington. Check out lvhamtest.com for more info. There is a test in Parhump next week.

To study, go to qrz.com and take the practice tests. There are 12 tests to practice with and they are the same questions you will see on the test. The test is only 35 questions and was cake after doing the practice tests. You dont even need a study book, just google anything you dont understand.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was Vegas Runner (Ed), I drove my civic that day.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the 208h, so far it works well for me. I'll post pics later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts