TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost that time of the year...........again.....I have a decent group thrown together of hammer veterans from work but we are looking for more people to expand our camp site! We are going to recon the lake bed and are planning on a setting up about a mile south of hammer town, mostly to get away from the noise. If you are interested in volunteering and getting in on that hot raffle action let me know. It’s been several years now and NONE of you have rogered up for this event! Let’s reach down and make Hammers great again!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stuff keeps coming up! Plus I am working on a super secret project....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting close to hammer time! If you want to volunteer with my group ( ie get in for free and get access tot the raffle) let me know!

- now that the super secret project is almost done, I will be making it out to more events! However, my rock crawling days are over.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll probably go out early Friday. I've never been before so I'm not sure where the best spots are to watch. I was planning to start off in the sledge hammer area. Any advice? I'll stay tuned to 144.450 on a hand held.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I didn’t see your post, Friday was an odd day for my group but I hope you got to see some action!
Hammers 2020 complete and in my opinion; The king of the motos was the race start to watch! Total carnage...everything else was predictable and worth watching if you brought enough provisions for the day.
The trophy trucks had a nice appearance but most of the race track was blocked off, thereby only allowing you either a turn or a high speed straights for viewing.
Weather was predictable and if you weren’t in a trailer with heat then I hope you survived... looking at you Dawson!
Lesson learned with long travel in a second gen; there is a computer with a fan in the center console that becomes very angry if you decided to send the truck through the woops.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to add... and this is just my opinion. The main event/shoot out/ volunteer raffle and posting, are getting worse by the year. Even the vendors aren’t fully established until Wednesday. If you decide to attend the event next year, just plan on doing your own thing. Go for rides and have fun, just don’t plan your day around the race. This may seem like a petty post but I have been attending the event since 2015 and it has been steadily declining in the cost of attending

1 - 8 of 8 Posts