TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out today I need some way of keeping the revs up when winching. Anyone running a hand throttle or have a better way of doing it while standing outside the truck? Thanks. ....Steve

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
SteveO said:
Found out today I need some way of keeping the revs up when winching. Anyone running a hand throttle or have a better way of doing it while standing outside the truck? Thanks. ....Steve
Meant to mention it today when we were talking about that, but someone here posted a link to a type of "hand" throttle that used to be an option on LC's. Somewhere at Slee Offroad . Was Spendy, but can give you an idea of other options besides old school mtb shifters.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
SteveO said:
do a hand throttle, they rock, i love driving my buddies jeep that has it, do it and tell me what problems you run into so i wont run into them since thats on my long list of shit to do.

zac

·
Registered
787 Posts
A old texas member has one on his 97 (bear). He loves it and it works really well.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tacoma747 said:
I used a bicycle brake handle and cable, mounted on the shifter (5spd), I love it, I put a zip tie around it to hold hi-idle when using the OBA
Where did you run the cable? Do you know of a write-up on how it's done? Thanks. ....Steve

·
Registered
295 Posts
I ran it down through the shifter boot, up the tranny, then up in front of the firewall and kind of follow the stock throttle cable.

Fairly simple to do all in all, I didn't use a write-up.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have mine installed under the dash. It hooks to the pedal linkage, and is a tee-handle twist lock type control cable. Kinda simple set-up. I didn't want more stuff running thru fire wall, and/or a long cable. If you look under your dash at the pedal rod, you'll get the idea. I seldon use it driving, but it helps on a few rocky uphills. I mainly use it to either make the alt.or AC work better when parked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts