TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and found mixed thoughts about intakes. Just wondering how many with the 2.7 are happy with changing the intake? I have been thinking about doing this. Thought it would be a good addition to the header and exhaust upgrades. I wouldn't expect any big gains (without a URD MAF sensor calibrator). Maybe a little quicker throttle response and clean up the engine compartment. Also, I know that most are not true cai, but are more like short ram or wai. Anyways, just looking for people that are happy with changing the intake.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Neo said:
I have searched and found mixed thoughts about intakes. Just wondering how many with the 2.7 are happy with changing the intake? I have been thinking about doing this. Thought it would be a good addition to the header and exhaust upgrades. I wouldn't expect any big gains (without a URD MAF sensor calibrator). Maybe a little quicker throttle response and clean up the engine compartment. Also, I know that most are not true cai, but are more like short ram or wai. Anyways, just looking for people that are happy with changing the intake.
Thanks
had stock... then deck plate... then KIPK... only real difference is sound imo

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I didn't think it would do a lot. Maybe alittle more with the exhaust. Possibly the throttle response. I do like the idea of cleaning things up under the hood. I thought that I could see some bigger gains with a new intake if I ever do decide to do the URD MAF sensor calibration. May still be a go if I can put something together for cheap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
IMO its a lot better than the stock intake. i put the stock intake back on because it was raining alot in norcal and i didn't want water to get into the intake. i couldn't stand it. maybe it was just all in my head but it felt like i didn't have any power at all. i put the aem intake back on even though it was still raining alot. lot more air getting to the engine. its also alot louder than stock at higher rpm's. but it DEFINITELY makes the engine compartment look cleaner

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I may get the AEM kit if I don't go the cheap route. I can get the intake tube, MAF adapter, and hardware for cheap. Thought about doing that and then adding a quality air filter. However, I do like the AEM products. The AEM intake wouldn't be to hard on the bank account.

·
Registered
444 Posts
elliot_irwin said:
i like my AEM mostly for the freed up space for other junk under my hood
did AEM come out with that oil free filter for our truck application yet (2.7L)?

haven't heard any talk about the drop in nano filter from amsoil for a looong time, i'm assuming that has not come out yet.

i'm in the market pretty soon.... 30K is creeping up on me, almost time to change air filter :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too

I'm wodering about a dry cold air intake as well. Any comments on where to find one for the 05 2.7 taco. I saw one on underdog racing but it looks like it is for the 6. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ainokea said:
did AEM come out with that oil free filter for our truck application yet (2.7L)?

haven't heard any talk about the drop in nano filter from amsoil for a looong time, i'm assuming that has not come out yet.

i'm in the market pretty soon.... 30K is creeping up on me, almost time to change air filter :eek:
yeah AEM came out with the oil free filter. i love it compared to the k&n i had. got tired of always having to oil it. the dry filter is much easier to clean too.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The Outlaw Power Intake gets its air from the stock location. It is a sealed unit. You can get a dry or oiled filter. I like mine very much. I have the dry filter. I doubt if you can get 10Hp from any intake but I think I am getting more HP it feels like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts