TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal: I took my truck wheeling today and when I would stall it it was a real bear to start again (cranked long time then would catch and idled low). When I got back, I washed all the mud off, including the sides of the engine and later that night it wouldn't start! I cranked for a long time numerous times and eventually it started and seemed fine. I have a new fuel filter, but I have a custom fuel tank. It seemed like it was getting no fuel. This is just the kind of problem I was looking for in a 4x4! I am thinking cam/crank sensor or fuel delivery...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like there is water on yoru plugs or something, if i was you, pull the plugs, make sure they clean :)

- Dirt on your mas air sensor would also cause this tyoy of problem too...

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes, check plugs, Cuase this happend to me last week. I have water in only one of my plugs. But I had different results from mine. I had a roudh idle, and the 6 cylinder was not fire very well and grounding out.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
So after you start it it runs fine? Ummm....I'm not sure what it is on the V6, but in my old 90 Yota 22RE I didn't put on the throttle body injector (cold start, kinda like a choke) properly so it cibrated off. When it cam off I would have to crank it for 30sec to 1 min straight. Then it would sputter and fire up, then run just fone. So maby check that. The injector only stays on momentarily until the engine starts then it shuts off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts