TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Harmonic Balancer Bolt right or left hand thread?

I spent hours yesterday trying to break the one loose on my truck with no success. I created a 1/2" thick steel bar to bolt to the pulley, put a pipe wrench on it with a bumper jack slid over that to hold the pulley in place. I then used a breaker bar with a nicely sized pipe and two of us gave it erverything we had and it bent the heads of the grade 8 bolts instead of breaking loose.

Thanks for any quick response
Tony

·
Registered
530 Posts
nospare said:
Is the Harmonic Balancer Bolt right or left hand thread?

I spent hours yesterday trying to break the one loose on my truck with no success. I created a 1/2" thick steel bar to bolt to the pulley, put a pipe wrench on it with a bumper jack slid over that to hold the pulley in place. I then used a breaker bar with a nicely sized pipe and two of us gave it erverything we had and it bent the heads of the grade 8 bolts instead of breaking loose.

Thanks for any quick response
Tony

it's a right hand thread....what i would do is get a breaker bar long enough to rest on the passanger side frame rail(on the bottom side of the frame) so it's kinda tight when you put it on the crankshaft pully bolt,pull your EFI fuse,or plug wires (if you have any)and bump the starter,this should loosen the bolt.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
right hand thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts