TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a while. I'm tired of renting a home and I have the ability to buy, but tying myself to a 30 year note seems to permanent for me. I'm single and I don't spend alot of time at the house and it would be nice to have the ability to hook up the house and leave if I get burnt out with my current job, since is the only thing keeping me here.

So if you've been in this situation any tips what to look for in features and such. I browsed the lot today and I think I could make due with a 34'-40' with at least 3 slides.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
In the Field said:
I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a while. I'm tired of renting a home and I have the ability to buy, but tying myself to a 30 year note seems to permanent for me. I'm single and I don't spend alot of time at the house and it would be nice to have the ability to hook up the house and leave if I get burnt out with my current job, since is the only thing keeping me here.

So if you've been in this situation any tips what to look for in features and such. I browsed the lot today and I think I could make due with a 34'-40' with at least 3 slides.
If there's anything bound to be more of a tornado magnet than a mobile home then a 5th wheel is probably it. Park it in Kansas for the full effect.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
valkyrie said:
Dustin, a real good frined of mine in Florida did just that.

They are real nice these days, and I was a little envious of his care-free life, and mobility and all.

The biggest downside is, you have to live in trailer parks. :eek:
Actually I might not have to live in a trailer park, I was talking to my boss and he suggeted contacting the local livestock sale barns and see if any of the old ranchers have hookups on there places. I might even be able to barter weekend labor for rent, my parnets have 3 sites on there ranch.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shit, I'm 4 miles from Texas A&M, these cowgirls would be all over it. Another plus would be having the ability to piss in my front yard without "Law enforcement involvment"

·
Registered
137 Posts
My brother lives in a 26 foot Airstream. He bought it after his ex cleaned him out. He keeps it on a friend's property and has pared down what he owns to what fits in the camper and an enclosed trailer (he keeps his tools etc in it). He has no house payment, no insurance payment, no huge utility bills, etc. He's pretty happy other than it doesn't make a great impression when he brings the ladies home.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
I once knew a guy that lived in one of those. He was pretty happy with his setup. His utility bills were fairly cheap, and like you said, he could pick up and leave anytime he wanted to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
valkyrie said:
Well, it sounds like you've figured it all out... at least the important things.

Downside #3: You'd have to date Aggie girls.
Rather have a conservative Aggie girl than a loose UT girl...lol. Plus those Aggie girls can be pretty damn hot.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Texacoma said:
Rather have a conservative Aggie girl than a loose UT girl.
In the Field said:
shit, I'm 4 miles from Texas A&M, these cowgirls would be all over it.
Apparently, either you or Dustin is incorrect about the willingness or ability of Aggie girls to keep their legs closed.

I'll let you two debate that, but from the looks of things, one of you won't be getting laid. :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
valkyrie said:
Apparently, either you or Dustin is incorrect about the willingness or ability of Aggie girls to keep their legs closed.

I'll let you two debate that, but from the looks of things, one of you won't be getting laid. :D
Here here, the conservative Aggie girls just didn't want to sleep with him! After all, what is there to do in Bryan?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I live down on the mississippi gulf coast, and when hurricane katrina came through I lost my house. I only have two more years left down here, and instead of buying another house, and taking a chance of losing it again, and having to deal with the insurance companys again, I bought a 36' travel trailer. So if another hurricane blows through again, I can just hook up and run. I am single, and almost never home, so its working out pretty good for me. If you are still looking at trailers, check out TL Industries. I have the 36' Whispering Pine. It's a 2005 model and has two bedrooms, a full size bath, and I mean its not the bathrooms you see in most trailers, Its pretty big. I bought off of a older man, who had it for only four months, and I got it for 13k. Here is the link to TL Industries website- www.tlindinc.com
Here is a link to a TL Industries dealer- http://ww2.rvtraderonline.com/index.php

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Thanks for the input , and for bringing this back on track.

As entertaining the idea is, I couldn't live without my garage/tools/work area/etc.

Now, if you're a young, single guy, maybe one of those toy haulers with a garage might work, but it'd be a damn site smaller than the real nice ones like you have.

http://www.funtimerv.com/new-detail.aspx?MakeId=557&TypeID=10

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
valkyrie said:
Well, it sounds like you've figured it all out... at least the important things.

Downside #3: You'd have to date Aggie girls.

Chris, I went to big AG and Engineering school. Ag girls are the best. Girls who ride horses are freaks ;)

I'd say go ahead with the trailer. Nothing like open space. You can always go back to her place.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd research what kind of insurance you'd need to purchase in order to keep all your stuff covered.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I just spent a couple of hours looking at some new ones, these things are nice and I think that I could make due with the space available. However the price tags are insane! The only way I can see a benefit to going this route is to find a smokin' deal on a used one, and I would have to find another tow rig since I sold my CTD 6 months ago.

Stu the way I understand the insurance you add the trailer to your auto policy. The only personal belongings I would have in there would be clothes, laptop and a couple of guns.

·
<null>
1,805 Posts
Since you are single, I highly doubt any decent girl would want to come home with you to your trailer. Might as well post a sign that says "serial killer"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts