TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this was already posted up, but I saw this for the first time the other day and I thought it was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-8eGqUM0eo

The guy at the beginning is Marcus Luttrell, a Navy SEAL who was the only survivor of Operation Redwings (The one where Michael Murphy got a Medal of Honor) in Afghanistan. The other guys are Chad Fleming, an Army Ranger who lost his leg in Iraq, and Ivan Castro, a Special Forces officer who was blinded in Iraq. Both of them compete in triathalons and marathons.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I worked in prosthetics for five years. Really makes you appreciate what you have.
No matter how bad you have it, somebody has it worse.
The military guys were some of the most inspiring, all they wanted to do was get back to thier guys.
My former boss made the leg for Captain Dave Rozelle which allowed him to become the first amputee to be given full clearance to go back into action after losing his leg in Iraq.
I could go on and on about stories of people losing a limb, two limbs, all four....
And still have a drive to move on.
Appreciate what you have fellas!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
CPT Rozelle was commander of K Troop, 3/3 ACR while we were in Al Asad, Al Anbar Province. His convoy was hit north of Baghdadi (not Baghdad) and we (I Troop) were called in for QRF. When we got there, we found this:

Amazingly nobody was killed, even though an RPG came straight through the ass-end of their up-armored HMMWV and didn't explode. CPT Rozelle was by far one of the best commanders I have had the privilege of serving with; you talk about "a soldier's soldier", he is that man.

SCOUTS OUT

·
Registered
414 Posts
No shit, you served with Rozelle. That guy is a bad ass. We had two of his old marathon and triathalon legs at work. He's a great testament to what people can accomplish if they care enough to do so.
I really enjoyed working with the veterans. They had motivation to live life. So many other amputees are ready to believe their world has ended. The military guys are ready to jump straight back into the same situation that they were injured in.
RESPECT!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts