TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the last month or so, my driver side floor has been getting soaked when it rains, and it's starting to stink!! i've inspected my wheather stripping and it seems to be in good shape (it's an 04', so its fairly new), but i did notice that the wheather stripping glue wore out on the front part of the door, where the window runs up on an angle. Is that most likely the the cause for my wet floor? has anybody else had any problems?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
for the last month or so, my driver side floor has been getting soaked when it rains, and it's starting to stink!! i've inspected my wheather stripping and it seems to be in good shape (it's an 04', so its fairly new), but i did notice that the wheather stripping glue wore out on the front part of the door, where the window runs up on an angle. Is that most likely the the cause for my wet floor? has anybody else had any problems?
When I first got my truck back in 04 (02 Model)...it had leaking problem on the passenger side. Water would come up from the those black drain whole looking things under the carpet and boy would it stink. I ended up wrapping it with electric tape...and it ended up working...no more stinky ass carpet

·
Registered
276 Posts
Did you run any wires through the firewall on that side. I had 4 gauge wire that ran through the rubber gromet boot thing on the drivers side and when it rained the water would drip off the windshield into the engine bay and down the firewall and what ever dripped on the wire followed through into the cab until I sealed it with silicone.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually i do have a 4 g wire coming through the firewall, and the rubber firewall plug isnt all the way in so maybe that whats causing theleak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts