TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over yesterday on I84 just outside of bosie because my 4runner is to high. The cop measured from my bumpers to the ground and apparently im 6in over the legal limit. Has anyone else ever had this happened? He might have just been bored to idk cause i have been followed by other cops and they just left me alone.;)

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
WOW, that cop was a dick but I would search online for the state and county laws. who knows their might be such a thing in your state.

God, that is why I love the Repulic State of TEXAS!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
29" for the front bumper and 31" for the rear, they also require mud flaps that reach within 20" of the ground and cover the full tread width up to a point forward of the center of the tire on a horizontal plain.
there is also restrictions on the shape of the bumper and where the lic. plate is mounted.
Watch the state bulls, thier the ones that like to ticket for those type of things.:welder:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Yet another example of local governments imposing restrictions solely for the purpose of extorting money from citizens for BIG government and NOT "raising taxes."

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hasn't happened to me. However, I was pulled over for not signaling for 3 seconds (never heard of that, but Utah just past a law that you have to signal for 2 seconds before changing lanes) and not having a front plate (Arizona never issued me one). I think he was just bored and I looked like an easy target.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
that front plate thing sounds bogus... i know here in pa we dont get two plates and never have.
in CA you must have a front plate if the vehicle was issued one.... motorcycles dont get front plates, vehicles do.....

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,523 Posts
Yet another example of local governments imposing restrictions solely for the purpose of extorting money from citizens for BIG government and NOT "raising taxes."
Yeah, because it wouldn't have anything to do with safety on the road or anything like that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
they have the same law here in Georgia but they only measure from the lowest point of the frame which means the bumper. what we do is weld a hoop coming from the frame down to the heighth that is allowed.:welder:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just curious, could it have been your driving style? I have an old ford with a few "issues" and the cops never bother me. I also live right near the state troopers barracks, so I see them frequently. I hope I don't jinx myself:D

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
they have the same law here in Georgia but they only measure from the lowest point of the frame which means the bumper. what we do is weld a hoop coming from the frame down to the heighth that is allowed.:welder:
That would be the transfer or tranny crossmember and it's 27" to the lowest part of the frame in GA. I got out of a ticket in Kennesaw due to this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nope i was driving normal on a straight strech and doing the speed limit and everything he said he just wanted to let me know so i could lower it cause its not safe because if i hit a car i would go over their bumper into the trunk or window or something.

·
Registered
270 Posts
they have laws like that here in FL but they're not enforced. Wanna know how I know?

1/2 of all full size Fords are sitting at least 3-4' off the ground. The BUMPER.

If those things rear end someone, they're rolling up OVER said vehicle, not hitting it in the trunk (dangerous)

there's high, and then there's "why in god's name do you need a mall crawler lifted that high?".

I think yours should be perfectly fine.....cop had nothing better to do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love cali. :D

Although i dont drive it daily. It gets to and from the trails, and around town when im feeling saucey. Havent been hassled yet! I guess the LE have better things to do around here than hassle questionable trucks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It's "Boise," I already have plenty of people calling me inbred cause I'm from Idaho, don't need to be called stupid also. ;)

Just out of curiosity what's your measurement from ground to bottom of the bumper? And what did the cop say the limit was?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts