TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Civic w/prelude motor

High compression pistons
Fully built head (ported, polished, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, oversized valves, high lift cams, etc. etc.)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
What was wrong with it? It's hard to tell from the video, is it a civic?

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I blew up the motor back in August of last year, i rebuilt a new motor for it (some info on it above)

And this was the first start up of the new motor.

Theres nothing wrong with it, it's supposed to idle like that. 1/2" lift cams in a 4banger

Heres a few pictures of the setup before i had it all wrapped up.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Looks good! Those prelude motors are stout, alot of horse power can be made there. I like the exhaust coming out by the front wheel, bet that fucker is loud!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Havent driven it with the race header on it (part of the new setup). But even at idle is fuckin loud.

Should dyno between 230-250 at the wheels without any issues. Which may not seem like much, but it got moving very well for how heavy it was, with how little power it had previously (with a 100% stock prelude motor). Shooting for high 12's in the 1/4 mile (on slicks), and 11's when i start spraying nitrous through it.

Running bigger injectors/fuel lines/higher volume rail, walbro 255 high pressure pump, e85 fuel (better torque curves, a little more power out of it)... lots of other little goodies.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Perhaps forced induction, down the road at some point?:xrocker:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hate on it title is referring to all the shit you guys give me for being heavily involved in two hobbies. :p

Scott, I will never build a forced induction honda. Everyone in the import scene, thinks at this altitude you HAVE to be forced induction to see good track times (which is not the case). It's the satisfaction that this setup (not boosted) will run faster than 75% of the boosted honda's in Colorado.

If you haven't caught on from my truck build, i like doing things different. ;)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, you know what they say, "There's no replacement for displacement". How much nitrous do you figure to run to get the HP numbers you want.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll see those HP numbers without nitrous, with 100 shot of nitrous i should peak @ 350-360 WHP, and hit 11.7-11.9

Prelude motor was the biggest honda 4banger made for nearly 10 years, until they came out with the k24 in CRV's, Acura TL's, etc. Prelude motor is 2.2, the newest 'big block' 4banger is 2.4.

My setup is actually what they call 'frankenstein'. I'm running a 2.3l base model prelude block, with the 2.2 's' model head.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Damn Nate. That is fricking awesome. I am way out of the tuner scene but I see you have a pure build there. That copper color is bad ass. I would to paint the truck that color. So with the exhaust coming out the front like that can you drive it on the street legally? Or is this a pure race car now?

Hey and since you are in the scene my Dad has a 4 door civic (you know in that purple) with the early small Vtec for sale. If you know anyone that want one for a DD or to play with.

Too bad my computer won't play the audio file you attached. I would to hear it.

·
7,735 Posts
Engine bay looks messy with all the wires and whatnot hanging out. I think the garage dust ate thru some of the clear coat. Better pull it apart and wax the engine bay.

:flipoff1:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Engine bay looks messy with all the wires and whatnot hanging out. I think the garage dust ate thru some of the clear coat. Better pull it apart and wax the engine bay.

:flipoff1:
aaaaand there's the hate!

at any rate, nice build. exhaust like that is f-in insane. my buddy's got an evo, and he'll be puttin down some numbers pretty soon. i found with my fwd maxima i can't get traction and didn't really want to put more money into HP, well that and i don't have money to put into that car!

do you use a reverse wheelie bar? i'd imagine you'd have to, if you want to get 11.whatever with fwd. nevermind altitude, just traction :D

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
its not a bad looking car. one of the things i always had against the tuners was the cheap shit people put into them like stupid looking body kits, fartcan mufflers, lights where you dont need them. and nates car doesnt have any of that. its just a small car with a big motor. thats how i would build one. glad to hear its running

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Only gripe I have is that it's wrong-wheel drive. FWD is an abomination, especially for performance cars. Everything else is completely awesome - excellent work, man.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Only gripe I have is that it's wrong-wheel drive. FWD is an abomination, especially for performance cars. Everything else is completely awesome - excellent work, man.
:withstup: Just a personal preference I suppose. Those time attack boys are getting FWDs right up there with the AWD and RWD guys. Plain 'ol pure RWD is my platform of choice.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts