TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
they don't make a 1 ton mini any more because there was no market for it. Look how long it took them to bring a DC to the US even though they had 2nd gen (84's) over seas for years...If you are hauling 1500 lbs several times a week, you need a full size. A lot of people forget that the payload counts all the accessories (winches, sliders bumpers etc) + people...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish the tundra could load 1500...even the new one w/ the 5.7 and 10.5 diff maxs at 2000 only 500 more than the tacoma and the old tundra is 1470....the titan is the same...oh well heavy duty it is

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is a prime example of how I found my '06 with only 3300 miles on it...just not enough truck for some people...but somehow they dont realize it until AFTER they buy it.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
krnnerdboy said:
I have a 2005 tacoma trd w/ a payload of 1500, which I think is overrated...my question is will my frame bend like it did on my 98?? I didn't see any problems w/ them as of yet but I do plan on getting dakars to help the sag and I think the diffs have a pretty good track record so my only concern would be the frame. I do haul 1500 lbs about 3-4 times a week so my dilemma is do I have to get a full size heavy duty??? Does anyone else haul loads on a regular basis?

Why doesn't Toyota make a 1 ton like they used to :confused:
If you load that tacoma frame with that much weight, you are gonna be doing something to damage it. The total load for them is including as stated above: Passengers, gas, accessories. So, as they roll off the line, they can realistically carry about 5-600 lb in the bed without sacking the leafs and all that good stuff. To realistically carry 1000 lb in the back, you would need a new leaf pack, one made for the load, not a Deaver 8 leaf pack. For sure, with that much weight, the leafs will sag very quickly....

·
Registered
78 Posts
1/2 or 1/4 tonne

What is the rating on the older tacomas anyway? I always think of NA trucks when I hear tonne ratings. It would be a 1/4 tonne truck right? 500lbs. or is it considered a 1/2 tonne.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
CanTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing