TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
hawthorne said:
sorry so big
Yeah that picture is massive. But I sure haven't seen that before. So if you know why it happened why don't you share? looks like you going to have to weld a thicker plate in there so that doesn't happen again, at least that is what I would do.

·
Registered
340 Posts
jjrambo said:
Yeah that picture is massive. But I sure haven't seen that before. So if you know why it happened why don't you share? looks like you going to have to weld a thicker plate in there so that doesn't happen again, at least that is what I would do.
He was showing me what I'm missing with my spacer lift vs. his LT suspension. So he jumped the truck, came down pretty hard and something went snap...
I want long travel now!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aor4x4 said:
Looks like the adjuster was a little loose. Did the front bottom out hard whan it broke?? At least you broke it good when you broke it.. Easy fix though..
it started to buckel where the shock hoop and the bar that go's across the motor meet it cuz i need new coils hopefully soon hey justin if you want to to LT aor4x4 is the guy to talk to

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
hawthorne said:
it started to buckel where the shock hoop and the bar that go's across the motor meet it cuz i need new coils hopefully soon hey justin if you want to to LT aor4x4 is the guy to talk to
looks like the alignment cam was loose and it sucked it out, i woudlent be supprised if you loosen it back up readjust adn teh metal is still there just bent over, i know alot of people tack the cams in place to prevent this from happeneing...

Hows your front center Xmember look? Im guessing the top should have some cracks in it by now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DesertTRD said:
looks like the alignment cam was loose and it sucked it out, i woudlent be supprised if you loosen it back up readjust adn teh metal is still there just bent over, i know alot of people tack the cams in place to prevent this from happeneing...

Hows your front center Xmember look? Im guessing the top should have some cracks in it by now.

no cracks yet. we got the cambolt back it ripped the crap out of the tabs so we just bent what we could back and welded it. it went the shit out of my shock hoops tho here is one pic cant realy see how bad it is in it tho

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
aor4x4 said:
Damn Chris.. Something aint right.. You need to get the right springs..
i know, hopping not this check but next not sure tho. i need them soon cuz i love jumping it so much fun

and no i cant make it to the races lee is going i think pat is also

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I got one up on you now, so we went over to camburg today to get some parts for one of jasons customers.. while there jerry comes out and hes talking to us, hes looking at my truck and what he sees just saved me ALOT of broken parts and money! My spindle is cracking! how i didnt see it i dont know but he he found it! so now im buying stuff to put another pair of spindles together, but in the meen time no offroading for me! LOL... Watch the upper balljoint cup on the upright, my crack is on the bottom side where it bends flat... like in the corner there... its faint but its there...

·
Registered
282 Posts
DesertTRD said:
I got one up on you now, so we went over to camburg today to get some parts for one of jasons customers.. while there jerry comes out and hes talking to us, hes looking at my truck and what he sees just saved me ALOT of broken parts and money! My spindle is cracking! how i didnt see it i dont know but he he found it! so now im buying stuff to put another pair of spindles together, but in the meen time no offroading for me! LOL... Watch the upper balljoint cup on the upright, my crack is on the bottom side where it bends flat... like in the corner there... its faint but its there...
Damn, that some scary shit! Just get atwinda to weld it back up for you, it'll be aight. lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
DesertTRD said:

Cool!! Is the uniball getting maxed out??

·
Registered
77 Posts
DesertTRD said:
That could have really sucked some serious stuff right there man. that's pretty cool that someone found that one before it became a major issue like draging the corner of the truck as you go down the road or soemthig like that.

·
225 Posts
DesertTRD said:

Thats pretty scary....Good thing Jerry caught that... That could have been ugly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts