TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That is my current setup above!

Looking to get some additional rear clearance with shock setup without using spacers:

I currently run 265/75 on stock steel 16x7, would like to run the F5 16x8 but nobody seems to have data on how much backspace between the two to determine improved track width or any other wheels out there that would do the trick?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are you having rubbing issues? A wider wheel with the same backspacing is going to stick out farther than a more narrow wheel. Looks like you have quite the "expo" look going; don't you guys get off from running really narrow tires with a narrow track?

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you having rubbing issues? A wider wheel with the same backspacing is going to stick out farther than a more narrow wheel. Looks like you have quite the "expo" look going; don't you guys get off from running really narrow tires with a narrow track?
No rubbing, just close on rear setup.

I like the 265/75 with 16's, just looking for slight wider setup without spacers...

·
Registered
236 Posts
So you don't have clearance issues, but you want a wider stance. You are totally opposed to spacers for some reason and are dead set on 265 width tires. That pretty much leaves you to new wheels with less backspace.

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you don't have clearance issues, but you want a wider stance. You are totally opposed to spacers for some reason and are dead set on 265 width tires. That pretty much leaves you to new wheels with less backspace.
Yup!

I like the F5's at 16x8 but nobody has data on difference backspacing is between stock steel and those would be. I think clearance in rear would get worse by being a 16x8 thus defeating my end goal...

·
Registered
394 Posts
According to this link the 16x8 F5s have a backspacing of 4.5". You can remove one of you wheels and measure its backspacing(I've heard 05 and up tacomas are about 5.25"). You have it backwords on you wheel width thinking, if a 16x7 and a 16x8 had the same backspacing the 16x8 would set the tire centerline out by 1/2 of the width difference or 1/2" in the case of 7" vs. 8".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same rims as you have with 265 75 R16 duratracs

SCS F5 rims that you are looking at with 285 75 R16 MTZ's

Definitely more poke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts