TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who says you cant have a capable truck off road that still goes fast? I just came across some pics of my best friends FJ-40 that I built a 383 Chevy for. Truck has 33" MTR's TH-350 trans, 383 Chevy, 4.10 gears, Con-Fer Bumpers front and rear, and gets used in the dunes, woods, and rocks, as well as for a full on pavement assult as pictured below. Thought you guys would get a kick out of this. Truck makes 427 hp sae corrected at the rear wheels. 1/4 mile times were done in Humid august heat, on the MTR's in 2wd, 12.83 @ 112 mph.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
that thing is badass, im looking at one right now that is pretty clsoe to the same color with some nice rusty spots

·
Registered
198 Posts
That is just beeeeeaaaautiful. So you can have your cake and eat it too.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Voimakas said:
That is just beeeeeaaaautiful. So you can have your cake and eat it too.
Depending on where in the UP of Michigan you are it may be local to you, the truck lives in Marquette. Its nasty, loud, and make no mistake it gets driven hard.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Very nice, looks a lot like mine except his is probably faster than my 2F. :eek:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SteveO said:
Very nice, looks a lot like mine except his is probably faster than my 2F. :eek:
Probably a little quicker, and also 400lb lighter than a 2F/4sp combo. The truck is a real bleat to drive and wheel, it has point and shoot horsepower, and also has the low end torque and drivability to do just about whatever you want. The 383 is already making 400 lb-ft of torque by 1800 rpm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts