TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 91 3.0 has been stumbling on cold mornings when i first start it up. temp is around mid 40s and normally when u start my 3.0 up it starts and idles around 1400 rpm immediatly well latley about 3 weeks now only when its colder outside it idles at 800 for about 5 seconds and then seems to try to stumble to get up to 1400 rpms. Is there a sensor going bad?? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
15,034 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my o2 sensor is less than 2 years old I would be willing to rule that out. I would lean toward the cold start injector. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
270 Posts
disable the EGR system. Since I did so mine runs 100x better at startup and in cool temps. It still idles low but does run better throughout.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I hate to say it but a bad headgasket will do that too. If coolant leaks into the cylinders just after shutdown, the coolant has to be burned off before the cylinder will fire cleanly. When you start it, make sure your exhaust doesn't smell like coolant.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had headgasket done in 2005 (less than 20000 miles ago) using all toyota parts and by a toyota mechanic i hope it isnt a hg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts