TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 trd ext cab 4x4. Just bought it a few weeks ago. It came up form Cali. I'm getting a vibration in the steering wheel, the stick vibrates quite a bit at around 40mph and up, and can also feel it a bit in the seat. I can feel it slightly on the gas pedal as well. Now the truck came with the 275 70 r16 BF All T T/A KO tires and have about 25% tread left, just over a quarter inch. The truck has never been lifted.

Could it just be the tires. I can't see it being anything else. It hasn't been used for wheeling. Only has 72M on her.

I've read about a few vibrations with this truck. Any ideas. I'm hoping new tires will fix it but who knows.

Anyone??

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
mine vibrates at the steering wheel on hwy i just got used to it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long has it done that?

When did it start to vibrate on you? Have you done anything to get it figured out yet?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
had the vibe for as far back as i can remember. its a little more pronounced now w the mud terrains.

·
Registered
808 Posts
You can try to have them balanced, but it could also be the tires if they are out of round or chewed up from not being properly aligned. Take it to a professional.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Get a rebalance first, but beware that even a balance is not a simple thing anymore... there are the ins and outs of hubcentric vs. lugcentric wheels. I ran into this problem on aftermarket wheels for my FJ. I highly recommend reading the article at this link before you go to a tireshop.
http://www.gadgetonline.com/Vibration.htm
After reading this you can go through the fun of determing what kind of wheel you have.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
well . i dont have a taco but i was having the same problem with my f-150 but after we roated the rotors ( i think cant remeber ) it fixed it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts