TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The head gasket on my '95 2.7L finally went after 162000m, so Im in the process of pulling the head now. Has anyone else done this that I could ask some things to? Also what else should I be looking at while im in there? This is the first thing besides routine maintanence to break on the engine, so basicly everything is original. Thanks a lot to whover can help me out.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
please do a full write-up of the procedure
Are you going to replace the timing chain and water pump?
take plenty of pics!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
4xbrian said:
The head gasket on my '95 2.7L finally went after 162000m, so Im in the process of pulling the head now. Has anyone else done this that I could ask some things to? Also what else should I be looking at while im in there? This is the first thing besides routine maintanence to break on the engine, so basicly everything is original. Thanks a lot to whover can help me out.

The 1995 2.7L engines had a recall for the head gasket. I had one and got it replaced way back in 1997 I believe. You might want to check and see if they'll still do it, worth a try I say.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, a lot of those engines were warrantied due to the head gasket issue. When my 4Runner blew at 160k back in 2003, apparently I missed the VIN cutoff by 300 vehicles. BS if you ask me. Same engine and everything as the warrantied vehicles. I think it was actually 92-95 toyota "trucks" that had issues. Run your VIN against Toyota's recall or warranty department. Good luck.

·
Registered
472 Posts
4xbrian said:
Dealer Recall on that one buddy. Have them do it and then you;ll have the toyota 1 year warranty if anything goes on it. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts