TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all my head lights wont turn off when my truck is off, but when my truck is on the head lights act normal (turn on when i turn them on and visa versa), im pretty damn sure that its the relay, but wanted to see what you guys thought first?

second, my horn will just go off for no real reason, one time i kicked my fuse box/wires (my truck was recently caged, and i didnt have my dash back in) as i was trying to get out of the truck to disconnect the battery and it turned off, and the second time i had to disconnect my battery. after the second time i decided to just take the fuse out as its not my daily driver anyways, and i didnt feel like having to go down to my garage in the middle of the night lol. any ideas? what wires should i look for for any kind of short or something of that nature?

lastly, my air bag light keeps blinking, and im pretty sure its because i took out my seat belts, but just want to make sure... what else, if anything, will make my air bag light blink like that?

·
Registered
48 Posts
my airbag light started blinking after i added my indash dvd and screens in my truck. i just got tired of it and pulled the airbag light bulb out :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flatlandtacoma said:
Your airbag light is not tied to your seatbelts. Something is disconnected or inoperative in your airbag circuit to make the light blink.

my seat belt pre tensioner wouldnt make it go on? are you sur eabout that? im pretty sure they are connected... im probably gonna just take out the air bag and sell it on ebay anyways, its just bugging me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
(my truck was recently caged, and i didnt have my dash back in
Take the trim piece around the stereo/climate controls off and see if the passengers airbag switch connector fell off. I've done the same thing 2x playing with the stereo.

As for the headlights, if you had the entire dash out for the cage you might just have a connector not seated properly or a ground wire that was never reconnected.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the weird thing is is that the headlights worked perfectly fine, then i went offroad a few times and thats when they wouldnt turn off... and then today i was working on my truck (which including moving wires around, but not specifically working on the headlights), and now they are working normal again... i obviously have somethign fishy going on back there, just not sure what...

as for the airbag, i specifically remember plugging in the passenger side airbag because i forgot to, then when i had the dash assembled, i took it apart to plug in the airbag... ill check it again though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts