TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's tax time again and it's time to put that money from uncle sam to good use. I want to put a Header back exhaust system on my truck. I know I want an LCE Header and Cat - then a different Magnaflow muffler. I guess what I'm asking about more is what is the header # or which one am I looking for and the same thing for the Cat ????? Also, what would be the best place to buy these things? Are there any discounts for anything? Just curious.

What am I going to doing for my gas mileage? I've heard that it will help because of better air flow, but I know when I get into the pedal probably more will be used. I do about 45 minute each way everyday. I don't want my mileage to go down. I'm getting between 260-280 now and I would like to keep it that way. Any Thaughts?????

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
when i swapped in just a muffler, my mpg went from 280-300 up to 320-340not sure about yours with headers as well. you will get a decent drop in gas mileage after everything is installed...you'll most likely get the "i have new exhaust, and everyone has to hear it" syndrome...i did as well as many others i know. doesnt lce have part numbers on their website?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have an lce on my 02 tacoma and no cats with a flowmaster 60 series 2.25" ive had the "loud syndrom" since day one and cant seem to get over it yet! i love the time and effort lce puts into their products esp. their headers. so up for lce

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Tacoma4Life06 said:
It's tax time again and it's time to put that money from uncle sam to good use. I want to put a Header back exhaust system on my truck. I know I want an LCE Header and Cat - then a different Magnaflow muffler. I guess what I'm asking about more is what is the header # or which one am I looking for and the same thing for the Cat ????? Also, what would be the best place to buy these things? Are there any discounts for anything? Just curious.

What am I going to doing for my gas mileage? I've heard that it will help because of better air flow, but I know when I get into the pedal probably more will be used. I do about 45 minute each way everyday. I don't want my mileage to go down. I'm getting between 260-280 now and I would like to keep it that way. Any Thaughts?????
all Tacomas come with hi-flo cats so don't wast your $ on a new one unless yours is blown ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts