TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for those who have the 2.7 and the LCE header...any clearance issues? I mean after cutting all the IFS off that sucker really hangs down and is exposed :eek: I suppose the lower link will protect it to an extent.

We were looking at it last night and wondering how hard it would be to have a set made up that were tucked further up and in.

 

·
concussed
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
you should make a belly pan ...
shortening the header tubes shouldnt be that hard...that way the whole exhaust can be above the frame.imho.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
KRYPTO(dale) said:
you should make a belly pan ...
shortening the header tubes shouldnt be that hard...that way the whole exhaust can be above the frame.imho.
can't, the link is there.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
How about attaching an L shaped bracket to the inside of the frame that goes underneath the header?
I would fill the headers with sand and bend them before trying the cut and paste method.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
007 said:
How about attaching an L shaped bracket to the inside of the frame that goes underneath the header?
I would fill the headers with sand and bend them before trying the cut and paste method.
can't have anything come off the frame like that with the lower link unless it went up and over the area of link travel...and then anchor to...what? Dan was suggesting the bell housing last night and I just laughed :p
the link takes up the space between the frame and the header
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,490 Posts
hytenor said:
can't, the link is there.

You guys know more about this shit than I do, but based on this pic, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Nothing from the Drivetrain is going to pinch it, and it would have to be a one in a million shot to come down on a rock right there.

It's probably no more exposed than it was before - it just looks like it is now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
i'd say its fine but you COULD hit it. I got stuck on my thorley header in my 86 last time I was at fordyce on winch hill one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
would you just STFU and finish playin w/ your SAC ;)....... i'm too lazy to read through all the other posts, but are yall getting everything figured out??
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wslytoy said:
would you just STFU and finish playin w/ your SAC ;)....... i'm too lazy to read through all the other posts, but are yall getting everything figured out??
just read the updates, lazy ass :p

I have to wait a few weeks for the new steering arms to get here.

everything has been taken off and the truck moved asside. AJ's working on Troy's now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
hytenor said:
just read the updates, lazy ass :p

I have to wait a few weeks for the new steering arms to get here.

everything has been taken off and the truck moved asside. AJ's working on Troy's now.

I guess this is just part of being a "guinea pig"..... I'm sure yall will figure it out and it'll be a sweet ass set up when its finally together! happy new year biotch!
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wslytoy said:
I guess this is just part of being a "guinea pig"..... I'm sure yall will figure it out and it'll be a sweet ass set up when its finally together! happy new year biotch!
same to you punk ;)

get your new pimp ride yet?
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ShowStop said:
Just put the swaybar bracket back on and you wont have to worry about it. :flipoff1:
Honestly, I don't see you having a problem with it hanging like that.
we had to cut the sb brackets off...at least the dr side one for upper link clearance. there wasn't any sense of keeping the pass side after that. I'll need to come up with a sb setup anyway...probably based on Dean and Dick's...or look into something up in front of the axle tucked in behind the xmember that is now behind the radiator ;) maybe try to come up with something like what the new Dodge Power wagons have...auto sb disconnect via in cab switch :blingb:
I just need to get a schematic of that thing and see how it works. Dick seems to think it can be duplicated on a Taco.

I was just looking at that header hanging down there after we took all the brackets, etc off last night and figured I'd be the one to get up on some rock with the lower link and then slide off it, bashing in the header and choking off my engine :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
hytenor said:
same to you punk ;)

get your new pimp ride yet?

still waiting..... It should be here on Tuesday(if its not I might kill someone :D)..... I guess that's what I get for buying a truck during the Christmas holidays :rolleyes:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
wslytoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing
Top