1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
836 Posts
Unless you have the supercharger, don't bother with headers. You will not be happy with the performance gains considering the price you pay. While the ones you have posted are considerably cheaper than the TRD headers, installation is still a PITA, and as far as I know, TRD are the only ones for the V6 were the crossover pipe does not go under the trany. There is a definate (not huge) performace gain on the top end, but my truck feels like it's starved for air down low in more usefull RPMs. If you are dead set on it, the 3.4L guru's recomend sticking with TRD headers both for fit and performance. As far as cat-back systems go, let your ears and your wallet be your guide until you are supercharged because none of them seem to give any noticable performance gains over any other. A lot of folks around here will tell you to just pick your favorite sounding muffler and replace the original with it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Don't know. You can see from my sig that I dumped the money before I did my research. I think the Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow debate is a lot like Ford vs. Chevy. A new one that people seem to like is the AeroTurbine mufflers. As far as length, I think the shorter ones produce more volume, while the longer ones don't sound so hollow and ricey.....I think. I prefer a quieter growl myself, which is what the TRD provides, but it is pricey.

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
one note if you are looking at headers, i just put a header on my 99 2.7, i dunno how it is on a v6 apparently toyota has done some relocating with the cats after 98, and i bought a chromed one from downey and had to weld a stainless extension tube to get to the cat since the header wasnt long enough to begin with, i dunno why they did this, but if u are looking at headers, ask before u buy, i would guess that TRD wouldnt have this issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts